*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Girardi family of Cusignana

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Girardi family of Cusignana

Postby geniemom » 30 Aug 2012, 23:33

I am currently helping a friend locate his great grandfather's family. What we know so far is that Mansueto Girardi born 19 Mar 1901 in Cusignana, Treviso, Veneto, Italy came to the United States of America about 1920. Family lore has his parents as Antonio Girardi with mother unknown. On his marriage record in the United States it lists his parents as Gervasi and Rose [A]nr_la. On his immigration record of 1920 it lists that he left Domencio his father at home in Cusignana. Familysearch.org has a microfilm of the town but it ends 30 years before Mansueto is born.

What I am wondering is: At this point do we write to the church (which one is the correct one for the time period) or the town hall? We need verification of parents names since we really don't have a concrete name for either one of them.

Any suggestions, I am at a loss here. I've been able to locate records in Sicily and done very well, but this one is a tough one. Thanks in advance.
geniemom

Re: Girardi family of Cusignana

Postby adelfio » 31 Aug 2012, 14:15

Welcome to IG website. Since Cusignana if a frazione (suburb) of Comune di Giavera del Montello records are kept there are at Comune level. You can try writing the Comune di Giavera del Montello for his birth record.

Comune di Giavera del Montello
Piazza Donatori del Sangue, 6
31040 Giavera del Montello (TV)
Italy

OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di nascita di Mansueto Girardi

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di atto di nascita di: Mansueto Girardi di Domenico nato a Cusignana, Treviso il Marzo 1901.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
Distinti saluti,
NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID DATE RETURN ENEVELOPE WITH ADDRESS
I put down Domencio as his father as it is on the ship manifest
Great Researching
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Girardi family of Cusignana

Postby geniemom » 04 Sep 2012, 02:34

Thanks so much Marty, I'll send that out tomorrow. Sorry I've been down with a bug this weekend and haven't gotten online til now. Appreciate the assistance.
geniemom

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy