Help deciphering

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help deciphering

Postby rancelli » 31 Aug 2012, 22:18

I posted this a while back trying to figure out which commune this was, Catona in Salerno or Catona in Reggio di Calabria. I was also trying to make out the guys last name on the left. In my opinion I THINK the name might be Alampi, which can be found in Reggio di Calabria. I did order films from Salerno and Calabria. What do you guys think? Does it look like Alampi to you? Also did the marriage take place in 1903 or 1904? I see two dates recorded.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Re: Help deciphering

Postby adelfio » 31 Aug 2012, 22:40

Can you post the image for us to see :shock:
Thanks Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby rancelli » 01 Sep 2012, 01:53

LOL Yeah I guess that would help. :)

http://postimage.org/image/jpcyohilv/
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Sep 2012, 02:39

rancelli wrote:I posted this a while back trying to figure out which commune this was, Catona in Salerno or Catona in Reggio di Calabria. I was also trying to make out the guys last name on the left. In my opinion I THINK the name might be Alampi, which can be found in Reggio di Calabria. I did order films from Salerno and Calabria. What do you guys think? Does it look like Alampi to you? Also did the marriage take place in 1903 or 1904? I see two dates recorded.

Also found in Salerno :?

The marriage date is 21 February 1903, the notation was made in the margin in 1904.

The name does look like Alampi, which can be found, as you say in Salerno and Reggio Calabria...
Have you looked for the Pubblicazione? (these banns would have had to have been posted in BOTH communes, and should indicate the groom's place of residence), or the Allegati di Matrimonio (attachments to the marriage record)? The allegati would have the birth records of both the bride and groom...may provide a clue.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby rancelli » 01 Sep 2012, 03:04

I haven't been able to research both towns yet. I'm waiting for the films to arrive at my local FHC for Salerno and Reggio. I honestly don't know where Giulia was living at the time. I'm guessing Catona or in the vicinity. These Buccella's moved around like Gypsies. Lol
rancelli
Elite
Elite

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy