*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

need advice

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

need advice

Postby Sher » 29 Jan 2005, 02:25

I am in the process of writing to the town and church of my great-grandmother. I know that when requesting information of the parish priest, I should send a donation. Does anyone know how much of a donation I should send?
Sher

Re: need advice

Postby ptimber » 29 Jan 2005, 02:31

Are you writing to the parish priest because there are no civil records in the town you are researching? If there are civil records have you obtained any? If not then thre Mormon church people suggest a donation of $15.00 because many parish priests are not favorably disposed to researching and are not required to locate records and the money may enable himn to hire a person to do the search for you. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby Sher » 29 Jan 2005, 02:53

Thanks Peter!

I'm writing to the church because one of the things my grandmother would like is a copy of her mother's baptism record. By chance do you know if the church would have a record... I forget the name of it...a listing of all the family members in a given family (brothers and sisters)?
Sher

Postby ptimber » 29 Jan 2005, 03:05

That would be Certificato di Stato di Famiglia Storico (family status certificate) which is based upon her parent(s) name and year of birth(s).It will list allthe members of the family and can be obtained from the Uffico di Stato Civile (Municipal office) of the comuine (town) in Italy that she was born and resided in with her family. If you wish I can suggest you go to www. circolocalabrese.org for form letters written in Italian which you can send along with $5.00 in postal reply coupons so that you can request whatever documents you wish. If you give me the name of thre town I can give you the comoplete address. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby Sher » 29 Jan 2005, 03:18

She was from Pacentro.

In order to receive a Certificato di Stato Famiglia Storico, do I need to know her parents' year of birth? I know their first names and her mother's maiden name but no birth years!
Sher

Postby ptimber » 29 Jan 2005, 04:08

Now you are set.. You can approximate the year of birth if you wish. You write to Ufficio di stato Civile, Comune di Pacentro, Postale 670430, Provincia Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy with the form letter and a self addressed emnvelope and the $5.00 in cash or coupons but the service is free but you should give them a tip. Now in addition, there is a family History library of the Mormon church near your home (www.familysearch.org and under the 3rd column on the right where it say locate family history center you click that line for thre address near you. You can rent the micorfilm for Pacentro of the civil records of all births,marriages and deaths from 1809 to 1865. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy