Giarre research for Quattrocchi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Giarre research for Quattrocchi

Postby 423FourEyes » 05 Sep 2012, 16:31

I am searching for family documents for my great grandfather Isidoro Quattrocchi. According to his service record (that I was delightfully suprised to find on a hunch), he was born on April 3rd, 1856 in Giarre, district Acireale, "domicilato" Riposto to Pietro Paolo Quattrocchi and Rosaria Patane. I have no other information to go on and was wondering if the blog I read here(that was several years old) is still correct. That you can fax a request to Giarre for documents: 095/77973735 or by mail:

Uffico di Stato Civile
Commune di Giarre 95014
CT, SIC, IT

I am looking to obtain a family certificate that may give me additional information that I may research.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
423FourEyes

Re: Giarre research for Quattrocchi

Postby adelfio » 06 Sep 2012, 16:51

Welcome to IG website

It is very tough to get a family certificate especially for those early years 1850's. Town civil worker would have to go through all kinds of records to compile your family history for you spend hours and hours....GOOD LUCK
Your best bet is to get the Family History Library micro film of the Registri dello stato civile di Giarre (Catania), the film of Matrimoni 1829-1855 and find Pietro Paolo Quattrocchi and Rosaria Patane info off there marriage record if the marriage occured there in Giarre

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Giarre research for Quattrocchi

Postby 423FourEyes » 07 Sep 2012, 04:51

Thanks so much for the information.
423FourEyes

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy