Information on Family History and Relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Stephen_Distinti

Information on Family History and Relatives

Post by Stephen_Distinti »

My family came to the US around 1907 from Palermo, and brought with them the surname Distinti. I have never met a Distinti in the US who is not a relative, and it seems likely that anyone with the name might be related to my family. I would be interested in any information that anyone might have concerning my family's history here in the US as well as back in Sicily. I have found a few Distinti's in Palermo today, one of which shares the same first name as my great-great grandfather, so I believe him to be a distant cousin.

Stephen Distinti
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Information on Family History and Relatives

Post by ptimber »

Start backwards from oldest ancestor in the USA to Palermo or whatever town is the town of origin iof your family. You have to locate the town of origin in order to traxce your family back to the early 1800's. Start with ellisisland.org for the town of origin then seee if the town of origin civil records ahve been mikrcoilmed by the mormon church people in their family histiory background (get back to us.) Peter