Looking for information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking for information

Postby kmatti » 31 Jan 2005, 01:08

I am looking for information on my great-grandparents Francesco (Frank) Sarrocco and Dalinda Ricci. The only information that I have now is that Frank was born in 1892 in Rivisondoli in the province of L'Aquila. Dalinda was also from Rivisondoli and born in 1896. Both came to the United States as teenagers and after they were married settled in Ravenna, Ohio. I can't seem to locate any other family in Italy. Any information would be appreciated.
User avatar
kmatti
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Jan 2005, 01:00

Re: Looking for information

Postby mfjp » 31 Jan 2005, 01:45

First Name: Dalinda
Last Name: Ricci
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Rivisondoli, Italy
Date of Arrival: February 10, 1921
Age at Arrival:  24    Gender:  F    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Duca D Aosta
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0004

Link below mentions the father Nicola as nearest relative in Italy

There is also another Ricci on Line 2, maybe a brother?

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0125%2ETIF

Page 2
Going to join her sister Giulia
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 135140199&

mfjp
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00

Re: Looking for information

Postby mfjp » 31 Jan 2005, 02:13

Hope one of them is yours...one mentions father Costantino.. and the other mentions father Pasquale...

First Name: Francesco (born about 1893)
Last Name: Sarrocco
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Pivisondoli, Italy (as transcribed)
Date of Arrival: April 25, 1910
Age at Arrival:  17y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Duca Di Genova
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0027

Here he mentions his father Costantino as nearest relative in Italy

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0142%2ETIF

page 2... also traveling with another Sarrocco...
mentions that he would be joining his cousin Giovanni? Magualo?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0142%2ETIF
------------------------
First Name: Francesco (born about 1893)
Last Name: Sarrocco
Ethnicity: Italy Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Rioisandali (as transcribed)
Date of Arrival: July 03, 1905
Age at Arrival:  12y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Romanic
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0011

This Francesco travels with mother Nunziata Trocchio, siblings Beatrice, and Guido. On same page it also mentions that they would be joining their father Pasquale in Ravenna Ohio

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 693120101&

mfjp
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00

Re: Looking for information

Postby ptimber » 31 Jan 2005, 08:40

Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surnames you want to research for relatives. Put inSarrocco i the first line and Rivisondoli in the third line and click CERCA for allpersons with that name in Rivisondoli. There are 6 listings and are most likely relatives so write or call them since biothe their full names,addresses and telephone numbers come up. Do the same for RICCI. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 02:00
Location: ny

Re: Looking for information

Postby suanj » 31 Jan 2005, 15:49

mfjp wrote:Hope one of them is yours...one mentions father Costantino.. and the other mentions father Pasquale...

First Name: Francesco (born about 1893)
Last Name: Sarrocco
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Pivisondoli, Italy (as transcribed)
Date of Arrival: April 25, 1910
Age at Arrival:  17y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Duca Di Genova
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0027

Here he mentions his father Costantino as nearest relative in Italy

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0142%2ETIF

page 2... also traveling with another Sarrocco...
mentions that he would be joining his cousin Giovanni? Magualo?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0142%2ETIF
------------------------
First Name: Francesco (born about 1893)
Last Name: Sarrocco
Ethnicity: Italy Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Rioisandali (as transcribed)
Date of Arrival: July 03, 1905
Age at Arrival:  12y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S  
Ship of Travel: Romanic
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0011

This Francesco travels with mother Nunziata Trocchio, siblings Beatrice, and Guido. On same page it also mentions that they would be joining their father Pasquale in Ravenna Ohio

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 693120101&

mfjp

Hi mfjp: about this, page 2... also traveling with another Sarrocco...
mentions that he would be joining his cousin Giovanni? Magualo?
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0142%2ETIF
the name is: Gianni(Giani mistaken) SPAGNUOLO
suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11125
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Re: Looking for information

Postby JamesBianco » 01 Feb 2005, 01:48

ptimber wrote:Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surnames you want to research for relatives. Put inSarrocco i the first line and Rivisondoli in the third line and click CERCA for allpersons with that name in Rivisondoli. There are 6 listings and are most likely relatives so write or call them since biothe their full names,addresses and telephone numbers come up. Do the same for RICCI. Peter


Once again the same reply...*sigh* You can always count on Ptimber for three replies to a query. Check google for the surname, check a certain site for how many times, by comune a surname appears or hire a lawyer.
With all do respect Peter, your assistance is remedial. You really are not qualified to give assistance here. And you attack so many of those here who try to help. You not only hinder those who inquire, but also those who seek to help them.
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 01:00
Location: Westfield, MA.

Re: Looking for information

Postby ptimber » 01 Feb 2005, 04:26

Dear Twitchy I am do not do the research but lerely direct inquirers to the apporpriate websites and addresses. It is for the inquirer to assist himself, hence the directions which appear redundant but are clearly designed to teach people how to conduct research albeit elementary geneaology. Your so wrapped up with me that you cannot distinguish buttons from zippers. When was the last time you.......eh? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 02:00
Location: ny

Re: Looking for information

Postby JamesBianco » 01 Feb 2005, 06:30

ptimber wrote:Dear Twitchy I am do not do the research but lerely direct inquirers to the apporpriate websites and addresses. It is for the inquirer to assist himself, hence the directions which appear redundant but are clearly designed to teach people how to conduct research albeit elementary geneaology. Your so wrapped up with me that you cannot distinguish buttons from zippers. When was the last time you.......eh? Peter


It is not for you to say what an inquiree needs. I am not wrapped up with you, we are all just truly tired of your tirades and insults. This will not be tolerated any further. You will allow others to post without commenting on their integrity and calling them names. Your reign as troll extraordinaire is quickly coming to an end.
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 01:00
Location: Westfield, MA.

Re: Looking for information

Postby ptimber » 01 Feb 2005, 08:02

You live ina dream world kid..go home and sweep the driveway. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 02:00
Location: ny


9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carmenvalenziano, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.