Florence visit - Advice please!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
madannie

Florence visit - Advice please!

Post by madannie »

Hi,

I am researching the surname of Lazzareschi as part of my family history and I may be in a position for a short trip to Florence later this year which is too close to Lucca to not devote some time to some family history. Where would the best place be to arrange some critical research surrounding the name? Any and all suggestions gratefully recieved.

Many thanks

madannie
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Florence visit - Advice please!

Post by raymo »

Hi Maddanie,

I'm sure Peter & Suanj will have even more to say, but thought I'd put in my two cents (pence) worth...

I'm assuming your family is from Lucca, but you don't say in which town they originated...if you have that, go to paginebianche.it, which is in Italian, and you can enter the surname & the town of origin, to see the names of people presently living in that town with the same last name. These could be relatives, it's how I found mine.
jmtc77

Post by jmtc77 »

Dear Madannie,
are you from Lucca or from a nearby village?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear madannie you have tio know the town of origin before youmove a muscle because you can get a head start right here in the states if the civil records are on micoprfil at thre family hjistory library and you can then go to the town hall there for anything you want by way of documents and family compositions. In the meantime if you go to www.google.com and insert KLazzareschi and the word genealogy in the title you may find there are people who are or have condcuted research on the name in the Lucca area thast may tie in with your family. Peter