Looking for family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BOSTON

Looking for family

Postby BOSTON » 01 Feb 2005, 19:34

My name is Catherine Delfavero Spacer, and I live in Middletown, DE. originally from Boston, MA USA. I am looking for anyone who is related to Joseph T. Delfavero and his wife Angela DaCorta DelFavero. They lived in Pieve Di Cadore and came to America in the 1920's. The last we knew there were a few close relatives left. They lived on Via Longiaru and my aunt Catherine died of the Spanish Flu in 1918. My grandfather Joseph was an Alpino, who served in WW1. My aunt Antoinetta DelFavero had to remain in Pieve for 8 years before she was able to come to America. She had a congenital defective hip. My father Duilio DelFavero was also born in Pieve. Any help in reaching any relatives still left over in Pieve would be very much appreciated. We have been looking for years but no help. Now we have found this site and hope you can help.

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Looking for family

Postby JamesBianco » 01 Feb 2005, 19:40

My great grandmother Amelia Elizabetta Delfavero was born in Valle di Cadore in 1877, she married in Pieve di Cadore 1899 to Massimo DaVia.
Amelia was the daughter of Osvaldantonio Delfavero and Maria Anna Agnoli. There is a more detailed account of this family in the following thread I created.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2496

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby JamesBianco » 01 Feb 2005, 21:05

Isn't this the smallest world, turns out her Joseph "Giuseppe" was the brother of my Amelia. I found yet another cousin.

:)

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 01 Feb 2005, 22:50

Amazing........happy for the both of you :lol:

wldspirit

sg12

Postby sg12 » 11 Feb 2008, 00:15

My great grandfather's (Giovanni Battista Gregori) first wife was Margherita Del Favaro. They lived in Vodo Cadore and then immigrated to New York. They had one son. My great grandfather married after Margherita died and had my grandfather. I don't know if they are related.

wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Postby wishyou » 11 Feb 2008, 22:40

There a lot of family with surname Del Favero as Agnoli as Marinello in the Cadore area.
I have relationship with these three surnames, but only in Valle di Cadore, not elsewhere.

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby JamesBianco » 12 Feb 2008, 00:07

wishyou wrote:There a lot of family with surname Del Favero as Agnoli as Marinello in the Cadore area.
I have relationship with these three surnames, but only in Valle di Cadore, not elsewhere.

You do? My Great-Grandmother Amelia Del Favero was born in Valle di Cadore. Roberto Piccioli has online the (complete) church records of Baptism, Marriage and Burial for Valle on this website:

Mondolfo & Valle di Cadore Church Records Database

I'll be we connect a dozen times!

Jim

Return to “Italian Genealogy”