Family name Pisano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rpesano

Family name Pisano

Postby rpesano » 01 Feb 2005, 20:22

Hi,

Have been trying to locate family in Sicily and just recently found a birth certificate from an aunt who was born in Carini, Sicily. To my surprize, the last name was spelled Pisano, but since coming to the states, the spelling was changed to Pesano (my family) and Pesono (most of my relatives). I have been looking under Pesono, but now find that the correct spelling should have been Pisano. If anyone knows of that name in Carini (or surrounding regions), please let me know.

Thanks

Rick
iddoc@hotmail.com

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Family name Pisano

Postby JamesBianco » 01 Feb 2005, 20:53

rpesano wrote:Hi,

Have been trying to locate family in Sicily and just recently found a birth certificate from an aunt who was born in Carini, Sicily. To my surprize, the last name was spelled Pisano, but since coming to the states, the spelling was changed to Pesano (my family) and Pesono (most of my relatives). I have been looking under Pesono, but now find that the correct spelling should have been Pisano. If anyone knows of that name in Carini (or surrounding regions), please let me know.

Thanks

Rick
iddoc@hotmail.com

Hello Rick, I have Pisano from Carini in my direct ancestry. I was just there in 2003, my grandmother being 100% Carinese. I am the moderator of a Yahoo group specifically for Carini researchers. To date I have uploaded there for download the marriages of Carini 1737-1808 (much too early for you at this point) however I am expecting soon to my local Family History Center, all of the marriages from 1505 to 1910. I would be glad to look up records for you if you would give me details on the Pisano ancestor you seek information on. What is the date of birth, and parents for your aunt?

If you are interested in my Group, here is the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Carini_Research/

Let me know

Jim Bianco

DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DonnaH » 05 Feb 2005, 15:30

Rick,
My grandmother was a Pisano from Avellino, Montemilleto. they immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1912. There is also another Pisano family in their town that is not related. My cousin is working on our grandmothers side of the family tree so I do have much info.
Let me know what you might need.

donna

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby JamesBianco » 05 Feb 2005, 16:06

rpesano wrote: If anyone knows of that name in Carini (or surrounding regions), please let me know.

Thanks

Rick
iddoc@hotmail.com

The Church records for Carini up to the year 1903 will be in soon, and I can look up anything you would like. My Carini Pisano's are at this point traced to 1620. With these new records I should be able to get it back another 100 years or so.

Best of luck

James

rpesano

Postby rpesano » 11 Apr 2006, 04:06

WOW, thanks for the updates. I haven't checked this site is a really long time. Let me find out more information and I'll get back to you. THanks for your time. This is really pretty exciting indeed.

Grazie

Sia bene

Rick

DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Postby DebiHarbuck » 19 Nov 2010, 12:51

DonnaH wrote:Rick,
My grandmother was a Pisano from Avellino, Montemilleto. they immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1912. There is also another Pisano family in their town that is not related. My cousin is working on our grandmothers side of the family tree so I do have much info.
Let me know what you might need.

donna

Donna, this post is pretty old, but if you are still out there and still researching Pisano's from Avellino, I'd love to hear from you. I am researching the family of Antonio Pisano and Filomena Barbarto from San Martino Valle Caudina, Avellino.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata

tomassid
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tomassid » 04 Mar 2011, 01:27

My family is Pisano but they were from Calangianus, Sardinia.
Pisano/Grimaldi/Costa

Joseph Pisano

Postby Joseph Pisano » 10 Aug 2012, 01:47

My grandfather was Carmine Pisano from Montemiletto. His father was Felice and his mother was Marianna Della Porta.
Carmine emigrated to Hoboken NJ in 1912. Carmine died in 1920 so not much was known about his family. Any information would be appreciated.

Joe Pisano

henry pisano

Postby henry pisano » 13 Aug 2012, 18:36

My name is Henry Enrico Pisano i was born in Avellino my parents were from Atlaville Irpino my grand father was also Enrico had a brother come to America in the 1920's dont have his name my father had all sisters they moved to Naples, im also looking for relitives in the US

Return to “Italian Genealogy”