Ordering Vital Records-NYC

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Ordering Vital Records-NYC

Postby gentilejoy@yahoo.com » 22 Sep 2012, 17:55

Hello,
Was wondering if anyone can assist with a concern regarding the processing time to obtain a New York City vital record =death certificate. I went ahead to the NYC.gov site and downloaded the application. I mailed the application with a personal check to Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Office of Vital Records
125 Worth Street, CN-4, Room 133
New York, NY 10013
I did all the necessary steps required per the application. This was in Mid-July, and I still have not received the death certificate copy. Also, my check has yet to clear. When I call the telephone number listed on the website 311 (in NYC) or 212 639 9675 (outside of NYC), I get transferred to a recording which simply gives a general time processing status update. It's at the two month mark, and I am still waiting for the copy. Unfortunately, I can not go in person since I live out of state. Last phone update I got was this week in which the recording said they were processing applications received first part of July.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy