Loreto Tersigni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
catters

Loreto Tersigni

Post by catters »

I am looking for information on my family my grandfather loreto Tersigni was born June 21 1913, I believe in sora Italy. His father was Francesco Tersigni and mother was Maria lugia gemitti . Loreto married Filomena Fiorini and immigrated to the US Sept 8th 1938.

Filomena came to the US first as it was easier since she was born in New Mexico

I cannot find any information on them prior to coming to the US, does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

Catherine
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Loreto Tersigni

Post by Italysearcher »

I live in Sora and can tell you that Loreeto Tersigni is a very common name. I know one.
Since you have his parents names you could write to the Comune di Sora for his birth record.
OR you could ask me to get the Register of the Population which will list the entire family back 2-3 generations. The Comune won't supply that!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
catters

Re: Loreto Tersigni

Post by catters »

Hi Ann,
That would be great, let me know how what would need to be done in order to have get the Register of Population.

I would also be interested in finding more information about my Grandmothers family the Fiorini's who are also from Sora.

Again, let me know what information you would need.

Thanks,
Catherine