Trying to trace my father - Gabriele Pitzurra

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Trying to trace my father - Gabriele Pitzurra

Postby pmccraken » 28 Sep 2012, 00:27

I'm trying to trace my father for the first time in my life (I'm 47). My mother, who's British, lived in Italy in the 1960's. She had a relationship with an Italian man but they split asfter she became pregnant. She returned to the UK to have me. She did not speak much about him and died in 1983 so I have very little information to go on (apart from a few photos).

- His name is Gabriele Pitzurra (or possibly Pitzuna or Pitzuma)
- If alive, he will be aged between 70-80
- He was a Lieutenant in the Italian Navy and was based in Livorno in 1964, possibly a naval attache (if I remember my mother's tale correctly)
- He is of Sardinian descent

I have found someone on facebook matching the name, possibly the age and the university they went to (as listed) is Pisa, which I believe is where Italian naval cadets go. They have not replied to my friend requests. This person also worked at Elsag Datamat in an area which would suggest some military experience.

I have instructed a private investigator to take over the search, but I want to take every action I can to complete the search. Does anyone have any suggestions?

P
pmccraken

Re: Trying to trace my father - Gabriele Pitzurra

Postby pmccraken » 30 Sep 2012, 01:13

I've created this Facebook page with photos of my father and other people in my mother's live at the time. Someone, somewhere will recognise him or someone else in the pictures. I've asked everyone I know on Facebook to share the link.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Searchin ... 897?ref=hl
pmccraken

Postby suanj » 20 Oct 2012, 17:25

Hi, by address on the envelope https://www.facebook.com/pages/Searchin ... 897?ref=hl
I read 93 Via Proba Petronia= via Proba Petronia 93... this address must be in Roma... maybe it was the family home address?
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby pmccraken » 27 Oct 2012, 00:40

Hello Suanj

Thank you for replying. I think so too. This would be from the 1960s. I haven't sent a letter because I assumed it was so long ago that he wouldn't live there (I wasn't even sure if the building was still there looking at photos on Google street maps). However, you are right. It could be a family address and I must follow every lead if I am serious about finding him. I will send a letter to this address next week. Thank you.

Paul
pmccraken

Postby suanj » 27 Oct 2012, 06:02

Hi,
currently nobody Pitzurra is resident at this old address.. by phone directory no one Pitzurra in Roma as a well in all Lazio region....
I believe that the better way is to contact the Pitzurras that you can find by social networks ( Facebook... Twitter.. etc)... because it is possible that your Gabriele moved from Roma....
Regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy