Di Milita Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Di Milita Family

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I am seeking to learn more about my father's family and keep drawing blanks. If there is anyone who knows anything about Carlo Dimilita born approximately 1868 or his parents Domenico (spelling?) and Rosa (nee Garlanda) I would be very grateful. Carlo was brought up in Potenza, Basilcato, Southern Italy in a town called Grumento Nova. Thank hyou.
michele68
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Di Milita Family

Post by michele68 »

on the internet about Grumento Nova there are births 1867. In that year there is DEmilita Carmela. It is need to do the research in Grumento. I live near there
GENEALOGY SERVICES in Campania, Basilicata, Calabria regions, Italy
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I just wanted to make the comment here, before my next post, that prior to the IG computer hard disc crash on 9/10 March 2013 when four months worth of data was lost there was quite a lot of information here about Carlo Di Milita and his lineage. If at any time in the future someone reads this forum and is researching the Di Milita family, I did copy and paste most (if not all) of the info that was posted here previously, and of course would be happy to share.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Translation Help Please

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Could someone please look at the following death record for Rosolia Di Milita Index No 20, Image 10, Page 6. (Family Search Morti 1902-1910)

I can’t read the street name starting with M….? This should be the link to it: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n400177715

Also, if someone has time, the following is what I think it says and if someone could please verify this, correct it or add anything important I have missed that would be helpful.

“On 17 May 1902 at (time?) in a house at No 60 via M....? Di Milita Rosolia died, aged 78, Farmer.
Father deceased Domenico, landowner.
Mother deceased Carlucci, Agnese, landowner.
Widow of Larossa, Francesco Paolo.”

Thank you.
Angela
michele68
Rookie
Rookie

Post by michele68 »

Via Mancuso N° 60 , alle ore 4 pomeridiane (16) e minuti 15 di ieri ( 16 maggio 1902).
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

michele68 wrote:Via Mancuso N° 60 , alle ore 4 pomeridiane (16) e minuti 15 di ieri ( 16 maggio 1902).
Great, thank you very much for doing this. I'm surprised I misread 16 for 17 - it's usually 60 and 70 that I confuse. I've always had difficulty with the time? At least I know now that I am on the right track with my translating and don't need to go back through them all and change them. (What a relief!) Thank you again. I wonder if via Mancuso is still there?
michele68
Rookie
Rookie

Post by michele68 »

You read it right 17. was registered on 17. Died on 16 (yesterday)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

michele68 wrote:You read it right 17. was registered on 17. Died on 16 (yesterday)
Yes, sorry, I misunderstood you. Thank you for re-posting.

I think I'm understanding how to read the times now as long as I can decipher the handwriting. Pomeridiane is where we get our p.m. from and antimeridiane is where we get our a.m. from, which would be morning. Iere is past or after, I guess. It's actually not so difficult provided I can dicipher the handwriting and Rosolia's death certificate here was probably one of the easier ones to read. The older ones which are fully handwritten can be a challenge - so many words!

Thank you again for your help, Angela.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

ANNA PADULA - HELP FINDING BIRTH RECORD PLEASE

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I’ve been trying to find Anna Padula’s birth record for a while now and keep drawing blanks. I have looked through both the indices and the records for Sarconi and Saponara di Grumento but haven’t found her there. She married Francesco De Milita who was born in Saponara di Grumento June 1889 (Index 47). I don’t have a copy of their marriage record.

I’m thinking that she possibly may have been born in one of the nearby towns. Could someone who has access to Ancestry.com please look at the birth indices for Viggiano and Moliterno for me and see if she is there. Thank you.

Angela