Gaetano Genovese born 1795 family members ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Gaetano Genovese born 1795 family members ?

Postby iofamilglia » 22 Oct 2012, 03:38

Hi, I am looking for the link of this person in my family tree. I was told that he was the great grandfather of my great grandmother however I think it may have been a little more distant than this as the dates of birth don't kind of make sense. I have searched and searched to see if this person has other family eg sisters, brothers etc but nothing. Apparently the name of this persons parents are Nicholas and Maria Giuseppa Gaiano. He was born near Salerno. I have pictures from my grandmother of the work that he carried out which correlate with the information I have found on the internet under his name. Any help would be most appreciated as I'm at a wall.

Thank you :)
iofamilglia

Re: Gaetano Genovese born 1795 family members ?

Postby paola52 » 22 Oct 2012, 23:32

You mean Gaetano Genovese the architect? Genovese is a rather common surname and Gaetano a popular given name at the end of the eighteen century If really it is the architect you should find more info in a book on neoclassical architecture
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan
paola52
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Gaetano Genovese born 1795 family members ?

Postby DeVivo » 27 Oct 2012, 18:32

I believe Gaetano Genovese is my great great grandfather on my grandmother's side. That is information researched in the 70's by my late uncle Dario D'Aria. We know he did work at the Royal Palace at Casserta so I can only assume it is the person appearing on Wikipeadia.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaetano_Genovese
My grandmother was Ines Vernoni - D'Aria. My mother Josephine and her family are from Benevento Italy. My grandmother Ines was a Signora Nobile. Currently my niece Angie has been researching our family tree. We live in Brisbane Australia.
DeVivo

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy