Guiseppi Pricolo and Rosolia Carvallo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Guiseppi Pricolo and Rosolia Carvallo

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Seeking to find further info about Guiseppi Pricolo and Rosolia Carvallo who lived in Potenza during the 1800s. They had two children Maria Pricolo born 1887 and Rosa Pricolo who was much older. Rosa Pricolo married Donato Toscano in 1891.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Guiseppi Pricolo and Rosolia Carvallo

Post by erudita74 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Seeking to find further info about Guiseppi Pricolo and Rosolia Carvallo who lived in Potenza during the 1800s. They had two children Maria Pricolo born 1887 and Rosa Pricolo who was much older. Rosa Pricolo married Donato Toscano in 1891.
Angela
Potenza is both a city and a province, so you would have to know which town to research this family. Are they also from Sarconi, Potenza as you had in your other post? If so, the same info given in that post would apply. The records for that town are not online and would have to be rented through a local Mormon library. The only records for Potenza currently online for free are available at www.familysearch.org, under the category of Continental Europe. The Potenza towns are listed below.

Italy, Potenza, Lagonegro...on (Tribunale), 1866-1910

Calvera
Carbone
Castelluccio Inferiore
Castelluccio Superiore
Castelsaraceno
Castronuovo di Sant'Andrea
Cersosimo
Chiaromonte
Episcopia
Fardella
Francavilla in Sinni
Gallicchio
Lagonegro
Latronico
Lauria
Maratea
Missanello
Nemoli
Noepoli
Rivello
Roccanova
Rotonda
San Chirico Raparo
San Costantino Albanese
San Costantino di Rivello
San Martino d'Agri
San Paolo Albanese
San Severino Lucano
Sant'Arcangelo
Senise
Spinoso
Teana
Terranova di Pollino
Trecchina
Viggianello
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Possible birth record of Maria Pricolo from Saponara di Grumento Potenza from ancestry.com
INDEX# 16
1880 Feb 26th at 5:30 AM in the town of Saponara di Grumento before the civil official Carlo Caproti appeared Giuseppe Pricolo age 40 (abt 1840) farmer with his wife Rosalia Carvallo gave birth to a baby girl named Maria Carvello
Side note says died Dec 30 1952
click for record keep clicking to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Rosa Pricolo
INDEX# 10
1891 Aug 9th in the town of Saponara di Grumento before the civil official Nicola Roselli appeared Donato Toscano age 22 son of deceased Domencio Toscano and Teresa Masullo married to Rosa Pricolo age 25 daughter of Giuseppe Pricolo and Rosalia Carvallo

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Giuseppe Pricolo
INDEX# 37
1895 Oct 2nd in the town of Saponara di Grumento at 3:30 AM in a hous on via San Rocco declared the death of Giuseppe Pricolo age 59 farmer born in and residing Saponara di Grumento son of deceased Alessio Pricolo and deceased Angelarosa Carfano wife of Rosalia Carvallo

Marty

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Great finds, Marty.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Thank you Erudita

Death of Rosalia Carvallo
INDEX#11
1912 Aug 9 in the town of Saponara di Grumento at 4:15 PM in a house on via San Rocco #81 declared the death of Rosalia Carvallo age 76 farmer born in and residing Saponara di Grumento daughter of deceased Michelangelo Carvallo and deceased Palma lo Bovia?? widow of Giuseppe Pricolo

Marty

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marty, you are a legend! Thank you.
I am pretty sure that these are the people that I am looking for. There are one or two discrepancies though that I need to look into. Back in 1982 when I first made some notes my dad told me that nonna (Maria Pricolo) was born in 1887. He was never wrong about anything and could remember dates from way back. (I only wish now I'd written more of them down!) This date differs from the birth record you have kindly posted which says 1880? Maybe dad was wrong on this occasion or I just misunderstood him?

I have just spoken to my sister who seems to think that Nonna (Maria Pricolo) died either 1956 or 1957. My sister would have been about 5 or 6 at the time and remembers my dad's grief at this time. She may be wrong also - maybe something else happened at that time. (The record of death states the year as 1952.)

Re the name Rosolia Carvallo. I had actually written the name down as "Rosalie Cavalo" when dad was talking about his family in 1982. Over the weekend I found Rosa Pricolo (nonna's sister) and Donato Toscano's wedding record which recorded Rosa's parents as Guiseppi Pricolo and Rosolia Carvallo. I have had quite a good look at the documents you have sent me and I do note that in about three of the records the surname is written as Cavallo without the "r". I am sure that these are Nonna's parents but need to be certain because if they are it means I now have their respective parents names as well which I have noted from the records you have kindly posted. (Sorry to be long winded - I hope this all makes sense.) Anyway, I guess there is a question in all my blurb and that is, how can I be sure they are? I am definitely about 95% sure. Thank you once again for your time and interest. You are very kind.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The surname Carvallo is spelled both ways in the civil records of Saponara di Grumento but in most of the indexes it is spelled CAVALLO I was glad to help with the records from ancestry.com. With a little more research you could find more family by going through the death records and birth records of Saponara di Grumento
Great researching
Marty

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thanks Marty, that helps a lot. Thanks for your encouragement too. (I am getting quite hooked on this, it's almost compulsive!) :)
vicentepricolo

Post by vicentepricolo »

I found some information about GiuseppePricolo and Rosalia Cavallo
-Pricolo
-Rosa was born in January 1867 in GrumentoNova.
-Rosalia's father was named Michelangelo Cavallo.
-Giuseppe's father has named Alesio (unconfirmed)
-I found this information at www.familysearch.org, continental Europe, Italy, Potenza, GrumentoNova book from 1866 to 1910,
Record 8 of year 1867 (pag.aprox 55). (google Trad.)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Why thank you so much for your reply. I do actually have this information already and appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post.

Giuseppe and Rosalie had another little girl born 31 December 1885 (Index 88 Image 276 Page 31 (Family Search). Her name was Palma. I think she may have died as my parents never mentioned her. I need to go back and relook at this record some time as I have made a comment in my notes saying “Interesting Footnote” – I had no idea what it actually said! :)

They also had a little girl called Maria which Marty has recorded here in an earlier post. They possibly had other children during the years 1869-1872 inclusive but I haven’t managed to access these records yet. They are not on line. They may have had other children prior to 1866 as Giuseppe was 30 when Rosa was born.

I am currently going through saved birth records again (years 1866-1895 Saponara di Grumento) that I need to take a closer look at – there are so many Pricolos and Toscanos!!! (I may find more of Giuseppe and Rosalie’s children that I missed previously when I was focussed on another strand.) I have saved all the indices for these years as well so if you would like me to look out for any names while on my journey please let me know and I would love to help you. Thank you once again for your interest. Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I've made an error in Palma's birth year in the previous post - it was 1875 NOT 1885.
vicentepricolo

Post by vicentepricolo »

Pricolo Palma, born December 31, 1875, daughter of:
Father Giuseppe Pricolo.
Mother Rosalia Cavallo.
Year 1875.
picture 276.
Register 88.

(trad.by Google)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

vicentepricolo wrote:Pricolo Palma, born December 31, 1875, daughter of:
Father Giuseppe Pricolo.
Mother Rosalia Cavallo.
Year 1875.
picture 276.
Register 88.

(trad.by Google)
Thank you. I have this record.

Besides Rosa, Maria and Palma I also have a record for Carmela born in 1871. She died aged 7 months. (I have Carmela's death record but not her birth record.)

Thank you for posting. Angela