THANK YOU for finding my GRANDMOTHER Vendrame

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
trevisan2
Master
Master

THANK YOU for finding my GRANDMOTHER Vendrame

Post by trevisan2 »

Thank you, Thank you for finding my grandmother, with a misspelled last name. I have looked for it in vain. I want to share a letter written by her father-in law that was hand carried from Italy to California. My grandmother Maria Vendrame was married the day after she arrived in Calif.
Visna 24 July 1916

Dear Son,

I an sending this letter with your fiancee, and I have to tell you that we are all enjoying perfect health except your mother who has many nerve pains as you know, but later she will tell you everything. Today your fiancee is leaving from here to reach you in California and I an very happy that you will be united holy marriage, because this is the reason of her departure. I pray and exhourt you to love her with all your heart, because she has always loved you from here and she never made anyone gossip about her business: and I tell you more, that in her family when she was giving the last farewell everybody was crying as she was a dead person going to her grave.

Forgive me dear son if I lenghten the letter with this recommendation, and I am sure that you know her better than me: I will not tell you more aobut this and about other things and I will let your fiancee talk about all the other events. I exhourt your to greet your employers and tell them I hope every good thing for them.

In the end of this letter I feel to give you my paternal blessings, and I bless you dear son in the name of the Lord and I bless you in the name of the Holy Virgin Mary and in the name of all the holy saints in heaven, and this will be.

Your father
Biasi Pasquale

I'm the grand son
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: THANK YOU for finding my GRANDMOTHER Vendrame

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Trevisan,

What a wonderful treasure that letter is to have.

I don't know how much research you have done, so just a thought to offer. On her passeneger manifest is a number followed by a date of 9-30-1941 (sorry, forgot to write it down. I think that was what was at the end of the notation) On this date the manifest was checked to confirm her arrival in this county. Somewhere there should be a Declaration of Intent, the first papers filed in the naturalization process. Do you have this or know if she did become a citizen?

Debbie
Buona
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Buona »

Thank you, Trevisan, for sharing this beautiful part of your family history with us. This letter is a beautiful expression of a father's love.

Sta Benedica
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Such a beautiful message! I've read it 4x now... and will probably read it again... and each time I :cry: !

What a great keep-sake... to think this letter travelled with her to the USA with such kind words... and from her father-in-law... what a nice wedding gift!

mfjp

P.S. To Buona, what a great find you made - nice to see/hear happy results such as this, manifest and letter!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

That is an amazing letter.......not just from a father to his son, but an
insight to a family losing a daughter. :cry:

wldspirit