finding really old records...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
roobyred
Veteran
Veteran

finding really old records...

Post by roobyred »

My ancestors are from Montedoro, Caltanissetta, Sicilia.
The vital records on ancestry for Montedoro begin 1866 with the unified Kingdom of Italy. How does one find birth/death/marriage records before 1866 when it was considered Kingdom of the Two Sicilies?

Do these records exist anywhere?
Roberta
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: finding really old records...

Post by Italysearcher »

You can order the microfilms for 1809-1910 from http://www.familysearch.org and view them at their centre.
Translations and tips can be found on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
roobyred
Veteran
Veteran

Post by roobyred »

Thanks so much! Roberta
roobyred
Veteran
Veteran

Post by roobyred »

Ann, I just placed an order. Have you done this before? Do you know how long it takes? Thanks, Roberta
moicano

Re: ricerca tarantino giuseppe.

Post by moicano »

Sto cercando Giuseppe Tarantino ultima residenza in Italia S.Marzano, lecce eemigrado in pennssylvanya nel 1911, so che ha avuto due figlie di nome Carmella e Florence una di loro sposata con sig. amicone. Tutto quello che si riesce a trovare pubblicate.Sono il suo pronipote.

I am looking for Joseph Tarantino S.Marzano last residence in Italy, Lecce eemigrado in pennssylvanya in 1911, I know he had two daughters named Carmella Florence and one of them married to Mr. buddy. All that you can not find pubblicate.Sono his great-granddaughter.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I live in Italy, I don't use the microfilms, I search the original records in the towns and churches. I hear it can take several weeks for the film to arrive.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
moicano

Re: ricerca tarantino giuseppe.

Post by moicano »

Sto cercando Giuseppe Tarantino ultima residenza in Italia S.Marzano, lecce eemigrado in pennssylvanya nel 1911, so che ha avuto due figlie di nome Carmella e Florence una di loro sposata con sig. amicone. Tutto quello che si riesce a trovare pubblicate.Sono il suo pronipote.

I am looking for Joseph Tarantino S.Marzano last residence in Italy, Lecce eemigrado in pennssylvanya in 1911, I know he had two daughters named Carmella Florence and one of them married to Mr. buddy. All that you can not find pubblicate.Sono his great-granddaughter.