Righetti/Spiller from Capovalle, Lombardy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
WithAnEye

Righetti/Spiller from Capovalle, Lombardy

Post by WithAnEye »

I'm interested in any information on the Righettis and Spillers from Northern Italy. Among my ancesters are Angelo Righetti and Angela Spiller, who immigrated to the USA through Ellis Island in the early 1900's. Thank you.
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Righetti/Spiller from Capovalle, Lombardy

Post by paola52 »

Hello and welcome

Are these your ancestors?

First Name: Angela
Last Name: Spiller
Ethnicity:
Last Place of Residence: Hano
Date of Arrival: Sep 25, 1906
Age at Arrival: 27y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: La Savoie
Port of Departure: Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0028

First Name: Angelo
Last Name: Righetti
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Hano
Date of Arrival: Dec 24, 1905
Age at Arrival: 35 Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: La Lorraine
Port of Departure: Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0001

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0001
Capovalle in the Province of Brescia was called Hano till 1907

If you are looking for their birth records you can write to the Comune

Servizi Demografici
Piazza Guglielmo Marconi 1, 25070 - Capovalle (BS)
tel 0365750021

If you need church records the parish is

S. Giovanni Battista
Via Chiesa, 3
25070 Capovalle (BS)
Tel. 0365/750026

On the history of this small village there is a book by Denis Graziotti: Da Hano a Capovalle 1907-2007 100 anni della nostra storia.
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
WithAnEye

Post by WithAnEye »

Paola! Grazie!

Yes, I had found the Ellis Island records, but I am particularly grateful for the addresses for getting birth and church records! This is HUGE! Thank you so much!

Judi
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

:D Wish you luck with your research!
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

According to there 1910 census in Pennsylvania they where married around 1902 in Italy
What I would do is send for there marriage act with the info Paola gave you which will contain in the marriage registers give the date of the marriage and the names of the bride and groom. They also indicate whether the bride and groom were single or widowed and give the names of witnesses. They often include other information about the bride and groom, such as age, birthplace, residence, occupation, name of person giving consent, and names of parents. In cases of second and later marriages, the marriage registers may include the names of previous spouses and their death dates. The registers usually include the date of the church ceremony.(familysearch.org)

Servizi Demografici
Comune di Capovalle
Piazza Guglielmo Marconi 1,
25070 - Capovalle (BS)
Italy

OGGETTO: Richiesta esito l' atti di matrimoni di Angelo Righetti e Angela Spiller.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di atti di matrimonio di Angelo Righetti e Angela Spiller di Hano (Capovalle).
Potreste cercare l’atto di matrimoni di queste persone nei vostri registri dal 1899 fino al 1903?
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID RETURN SELF ADDRESS ENVELOPE NO STAMP

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
WithAnEye

Post by WithAnEye »

Oh my goodness, Marty. Thank you for your research, translation and advice! I will absolutely do that! I was hoping someone there would understand my request in English, but you have made that hope unnecessary. Mille grazie!

Judi
WithAnEye

Post by WithAnEye »

Marty, do you happen to recall how you found Angelo and Angela in the 1910 census? I can't find them. Thanks!

Judi
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

WithAnEye wrote:Marty, do you happen to recall how you found Angelo and Angela in the 1910 census? I can't find them. Thanks!

Judi

Angela Regetti, "United States Census, 1910"

Name: Angela Regetti
Event Place: Carroll, Washington, Pennsylvania
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Relationship to Head of Household: Self
Immigration Year: 1905
Birthplace: Italy
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household ID: 253
Page: 14
Household Gender Age Birthplace
SELF Angela Regetti M 40y Italy
WIFE Angela Regetti F 30y Italy
SON Joseph Regetti M 7y Italy
SON Emerick Regetti M 5y Italy
SON Louis Regetti M 2y Pennsylvania
SON Frank Regetti M y 6m Pennsylvania

Click for record click again to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
WithAnEye

Post by WithAnEye »

Marty, thanks again. Perfect!

Judi
Triecky

Post by Triecky »

Judi,

Have you found anything more about the families back in Capovalle? My great great grandfather, Dominic Cristiano Spiller, b 1875 in Capovalle, married Catterina Rainotti, and moved to PA around 1897. His brother, Batista Spiller, b ~1891, married Domenica Righetti.

I was wondering if you had found anything more out about the Spiller family back in Italy. I believe their parents were Giacomo Spiller, b 1852 in Austria, and Margaret Magagnini.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tom
gouramie

Post by gouramie »

Hi my familly came from Capovalle my name in Italian was BERTANZETTI when my grand grand father came in France is name was changing in BERTANSETTI ... i've got some pics of Capovalle and some Righetti people are married with my familly if you want some information i can perhaps help you Sincerly yours Laurent Bertansetti
rincan

Post by rincan »

Mia nonna Domenica Spiller era sorella del Francesco Spiller di Battista Spiller e di Domenico Cristiano Spiller trasferiti in America da Capovalle. Ricordo i nomi di questi ma non dell'altro sempre emigrato in America.
Mentre Cesare, Giuseppe e Luigi Spiller sono emigrati in Francia.
L'altro Fratello è morto in guerra del 15-18 ed aveva una figlia sempre vissuta in Capovalle di nome Margherita Spiller.
Mia nonna Domenica Spiller sposata Candido abitava a Gavardo Brescia e sua sorella Caterina Spiller sposata Castellini in Gargnano, e poi Angela Spiller sposata con Magagnini in Capovalle.
Noi ci siamo visti più volte in Italia ed in America con James Spiller e Henry Spiller Figli di Battista Spiller e Domenica Righetti. Inoltre abbiamo conosciuto in Houston (PA) Robert Spiller e Giuseppe Spiller in Ohio fratelli di James e Henry.
Triecky

Post by Triecky »

gouramie wrote: 01 Mar 2015, 17:59 Hi my familly came from Capovalle my name in Italian was BERTANZETTI when my grand grand father came in France is name was changing in BERTANSETTI ... i've got some pics of Capovalle and some Righetti people are married with my familly if you want some information i can perhaps help you Sincerly yours Laurent Bertansetti
Lauren, I was going though photos I took of Capovalle church books and finally came across Bertanzetti, which is a rare name for the town. Bortolo Bertanzetti, born 7 Apr 1830 to Bortolo Bertanzetti & Maria Viani, both living in Hano. I have the photo if you want it: Triecky@gmail.com