Looking for Vinci Family from Palermo owned Olive Farm

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VinciFamily

Looking for Vinci Family from Palermo owned Olive Farm

Post by VinciFamily »

My grandfather, Colergio (Charles) Vinci immigrated to the United States in the early 1900's from Palermo, Italy. His family had an Olive Farm that was sold after he moved. He had a brother who was to marry Maria Cerrito from Sicily, daughter of a single mother and school teacher, but Maria married my grandfather who was 35 instead. She was 15 and immigrated to the US when she was 18. They lived in Cleveland, Ohio and had 11 children. My grandfather's brother married and moved his family to S. America.
It was also said that our family may descend from the family of Leonardo da Vinci, one of his 10 brothers or 3 sisters.

If anyone has any information regarding my family or any living relatives, please contact me.
VinciFamily

Re: Looking for Vinci Family from Palermo owned Olive Farm

Post by VinciFamily »

* Colagero Vinci
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Possible ship manifest
Calagero Vinci Jun 08, 1905 Palermo Line 0004 says he came from Militello going to see his brother Giuseppe in Cleveland Ohio
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0004

Giuseppe Vinci May 11, 1901 Naples line 0017 going to Clevand Ohio from Militello to see brother Ignazio
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0017

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
LauraTex

Post by LauraTex »

I hope I am right but I believe we may be related "Vinci Family". I have a hand written family tree my Aunt made me. Let me look at it again. Wow! I have never found any relatives. Or maybe y'all have been hiding in plain site.

I still have relatives named Vinci in Cleveland but they are descended from Carl Vinci who married Teresa Presti Cozzo or possibly Teresa Lo Presti.

My family tree is a bit hard to decipher but it says Carl had a brother named Colageo but they may have meant Colagero. However my tree said that this family stayed in Italy. The details I have for Colagero are that his eye was treated with a leech, he was a storekeeper.

Does this sound familiar at all? I do show he had 10 children, so maybe it was 11 after all? This Colagero had a son named Colagero too.

Can you give me any years as clues? Is itpossible our family did not know your family was in the US? How could that happen? I will say my great-granpa killed himself in 1928. Could it be after that his bro did not want to keep in touch with the sister-in law and her kids? Do we know you all? I moved away when I was 4 yo from Cleveland.

Do you know Emelia and the late Carl Vinci? They had 10 children in this time period! Well the past 18-40 years.You live in Cleveland still?
LauraTex

Post by LauraTex »

The Colagero I mentioned "The details I have for Colagero are that his eye was treated with a leech, he was a storekeeper. "lost his eye from Spinal Meningitis at 14 yo. Would this be your Grandfather or your great grandfather?