marriage cert of Giuseppe Racanelli and Lucia Sabatino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nic5541

marriage cert of Giuseppe Racanelli and Lucia Sabatino

Post by nic5541 »

I need help finding the marriage cert of my GGP's Lucia Sabatino and Giuseppe Racanelli. Their son, my GF Vito Nicola Racanelli was born in 1905 in Sannicandro di Bari. I am pretty sure that Giuseppe was born in Sannicandro as well, but I can't seem to locate his birth certificate. I can't seem to find their marriage certificate either. I have no known other information other than this. I hope that this amazing forum can find their marriage certificate.

Regards,

Nic
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: marriage cert of Giuseppe Racanelli and Lucia Sabatino

Post by erudita74 »

nic5541 wrote:I need help finding the marriage cert of my GGP's Lucia Sabatino and Giuseppe Racanelli. Their son, my GF Vito Nicola Racanelli was born in 1905 in Sannicandro di Bari. I am pretty sure that Giuseppe was born in Sannicandro as well, but I can't seem to locate his birth certificate. I can't seem to find their marriage certificate either. I have no known other information other than this. I hope that this amazing forum can find their marriage certificate.

Regards,

Nic
The following link should take you to records for the town but these only go to 1899. I looked through some of the indices last night. The closest one I found was for a Giuseppe Rancelli and a Lucia or Luisa but the bride's surname looks like Salatino and not Sabatino. Unfortunately, both surnames exist in the town. It's record #9, for 1892, image #10, dated Feb 13, 1892.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... nnicandro/

Erudita
nic5541

Post by nic5541 »

Hi erudita,

I believe this to be them, because of 2 reasons:

1. Giuseppe's father is listed as Vito Nicola and my GF's name is Vito Nicola. So Giuseppe probably named his son after his father.

2. Giuseppe's mother is listed as Porzia, and my GF had a sister named Porzia, so Giuseppe probably named his daughter after his mother.

I believe that my GF's birth cert is then incorrect as the mother's name is listed as Lucia Sabatino instead of Lucia Salatino. From the death cert from the funeral home, the mother is listed as Lucia Salatina. Probably another error, but this would connect the marriage cert to his parents.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

nic5541 wrote:Hi erudita,

I believe this to be them, because of 2 reasons:

1. Giuseppe's father is listed as Vito Nicola and my GF's name is Vito Nicola. So Giuseppe probably named his son after his father.

2. Giuseppe's mother is listed as Porzia, and my GF had a sister named Porzia, so Giuseppe probably named his daughter after his mother.

I believe that my GF's birth cert is then incorrect as the mother's name is listed as Lucia Sabatino instead of Lucia Salatino. From the death cert from the funeral home, the mother is listed as Lucia Salatina. Probably another error, but this would connect the marriage cert to his parents.

That would be great if this is the right marriage record. As I previously told you, the surname of the mother in this marriage record could be either Sabatino or Salatino. The third letter could be either a "b" or an "l". Perhaps finding the marriage record for the parents would clarify which letter is correct. Her parents in this record are Gennaro S and Concetta Mandelli

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Nic

Birth record for Lucia Salatino (with an "ell" dated Aug 5, 1865-image 53-record #102 of the Nati 1865. In the index for these records, the surname is clearly Salatino. So if the marriage record is the correct one for your ancestry, than this is the birth record for Lucia. Her father Gennaro Salatino was age 32, and the son of Giuseppe Domenico Salatino. He was a peasant/farmer. Her mother, Concetta Mandelli, the daughter of Nicola Mandelli, was age 30. Lucia was born on the 4th.

Erudita