Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
17 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Postby SJMac » 07 Jan 2014, 16:40

Hi Steph,
Just by chance I was googling my family history and I came by this post. I think we may be related. I remember my dad telling me a friend had helped with his family history and the first Macari's in Scotland were an Italian couple called Luigi and Guiseppina.

I live in Australia. My Dad Paul was born in the UK to Lilian and James Macari. James is Scottish Italian. My dad has an older brother Alan. They currently reside in Fife. I plan on visiting this September. I don't know much about my family history on my Pops side but I'll ask and see how far back he can go. I also know we are somehow related to Lou Macari, who played for ManU. I know you are probably more interested in the older family history, but figured I would say hi.

Your post has certainly peaked my interest in finding out more about my history!

Regards, Sarah Macari
SJMac

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Postby Gordon Macari » 03 Sep 2014, 20:06

Hi Stephanie,
My name is Gordon Macari (dob 22/08/56). I think I have some sort of family connection and a lot of my Dad's (Angelo) relatives lived in Motherwell and Wishaw. Haven't seen them since my dad passed away.
Looking at the documentation I have, I think my grandparents were your great grandparents.
I'm heading to Italy for a week between Xmas and New Year and plan to head for Casalattico to do some research.
If it's not too forward, can I ask about your parents?
If your happy to respond I can let you have more details from my grandparents birth, marriage and death certificates.

Regards

Gordon Macari
Gordon Macari

Previous

17 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy