Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SJMac

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Post by SJMac »

Hi Steph,
Just by chance I was googling my family history and I came by this post. I think we may be related. I remember my dad telling me a friend had helped with his family history and the first Macari's in Scotland were an Italian couple called Luigi and Guiseppina.

I live in Australia. My Dad Paul was born in the UK to Lilian and James Macari. James is Scottish Italian. My dad has an older brother Alan. They currently reside in Fife. I plan on visiting this September. I don't know much about my family history on my Pops side but I'll ask and see how far back he can go. I also know we are somehow related to Lou Macari, who played for ManU. I know you are probably more interested in the older family history, but figured I would say hi.

Your post has certainly peaked my interest in finding out more about my history!

Regards, Sarah Macari
Gordon Macari

Post by Gordon Macari »

Hi Stephanie,
My name is Gordon Macari (dob 22/08/56). I think I have some sort of family connection and a lot of my Dad's (Angelo) relatives lived in Motherwell and Wishaw. Haven't seen them since my dad passed away.
Looking at the documentation I have, I think my grandparents were your great grandparents.
I'm heading to Italy for a week between Xmas and New Year and plan to head for Casalattico to do some research.
If it's not too forward, can I ask about your parents?
If your happy to respond I can let you have more details from my grandparents birth, marriage and death certificates.

Regards

Gordon Macari
Gmacari

Post by Gmacari »

Hi my great grandpa name was Antonio (tony) macari I started a family tree on ancestry.com
Caro

Post by Caro »

Hi,

I’m the great great granddaughter of Rocco Macari (12/20/1869) and Giocondina Coia. Rocco and at least one of his siblings migrated to Australia with their families. I’m the great granddaughter of Carmela Macari, who I believe was one of two daughters of Rocco and Giocondina. I am the granddaughter of Carmela’s only child, Clarice. I’d love to hear from anyone who has more information about the family, and any living relatives - particularly those in Australia.

Caro
symphonica

Post by symphonica »

Caro wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 11:17 Hi,

I’m the great great granddaughter of Rocco Macari (12/20/1869) and Giocondina Coia. Rocco and at least one of his siblings migrated to Australia with their families. I’m the great granddaughter of Carmela Macari, who I believe was one of two daughters of Rocco and Giocondina. I am the granddaughter of Carmela’s only child, Clarice. I’d love to hear from anyone who has more information about the family, and any living relatives - particularly those in Australia.

Caro
Hi Caro,

I just saw your reply. As your post was back in 2021 so I hope you see this message.

I understand that you are a descendent of Rocco Macari. Rocco was the brother of my great-grandpa Luigi Macari. I would love to hear from you, especially if you have any more history of Rocco and his descendents as I have a family tree with the Italian ancestry. I would love to see any pictures you may have. One of the daughters of Luigi (a great Aunt of mine) emigrated to Australia in the mid-1960s so you do have distant relatives there as they had children!

I look forward to hearing back from you