Looking for Taliento, Malfitano or Fusco information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking for Taliento, Malfitano or Fusco information

Postby MaryLou522 » 02 Apr 2013, 18:20

Hi,
I just found this forum and it looks very interesting. I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing so I hope someone will be able to steer me in the right direction. My grandfather was Giuseppe Taliento. He came to America around 1905 (I think). He married Maria Malfatani and she gave birth to my uncle Anielle (known as Arnold) on the boat coming to America in June of 1907. My grandfather's mother and father were Arcangelo Taliento and Maria Fusco. I think they all lived around the Caserta area. I've seen Cermiguano and Cicciano mentioned. How would I go about finding birth and marriage certificates and other information? I'd also love to hear from those who may be related to my family.
Thank you.
Yours,
Mary Lou Dawson
MaryLou522

Re: Looking for Taliento, Malfitano or Fusco information

Postby adelfio » 02 Apr 2013, 23:22

Hi Mary
There are numerous ship manifest for Giuseppe Taliento's some coming from Santa Maria Capua Vetere,Caserta. How did you get the parents names and the mention of the towns of Cermiguano and Cicciano?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 03 Apr 2013, 17:07

MaryLou522 wrote:Hi,
I just found this forum and it looks very interesting. I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing so I hope someone will be able to steer me in the right direction. My grandfather was Giuseppe Taliento. He came to America around 1905 (I think). He married Maria Malfatani and she gave birth to my uncle Anielle (known as Arnold) on the boat coming to America in June of 1907. My grandfather's mother and father were Arcangelo Taliento and Maria Fusco. I think they all lived around the Caserta area. I've seen Cermiguano and Cicciano mentioned. How would I go about finding birth and marriage certificates and other information? I'd also love to hear from those who may be related to my family.
Thank you.
Yours,
Mary Lou Dawson

Hello Mary Lou :-D

I took a look at the manifest for Maria Malfatani and son Aniello in June 1907. Here are a few things I noticed...
~~Aniello is listed as age 2 - good chance he was not born aboard ship. May want to look for a birth record from last place of residence in Italy for him.
~~Last place of residence looks like CERMIGNANO, Caserta Province.
However, mother lists her place of birth as Napoli in the last column.
~~Aniello's surname is written in as CALIENDO [not Taliento], and mother/son's destination is to husband/father Giuseppe CALIENDO in Maine.
You might want to search for Giuseppe's arrival manifest using that spelling :-)

Lines 27 and 28

EDIT TO ADD:

Possible manifest for Giuseppe (surname listed as TALIENDO)
Arriving 1905
Last place of residence CERMIGNANO
Going to "brother-in-law Onofrio Nappi, in Portland, Maine.

Line 27

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 03 Apr 2013, 21:55

hi Tessa, you are right!
Taliendo surname seeming right spelling;
the WWI draft registration card:
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Giuseppe Taliend
Name: Giuseppe Taliend