marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescentis

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescentis

Postby nic5541 » 07 Apr 2013, 07:30

Hello everyone,

I am looking for the marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescentis. Domenico was born in Cassino in 1894 and Angiolina was born in San Giorgio A Liri in 1893. I believe them to be married in Cassino because on Domenico's Application for Canadian Citizenship it says 1921 and Cassino Italy. The document is of such poor quality that it is hard to read anything else.

I have looked through the records on Family Search for Cassino for 1919,1920, 1921, 1922 and 1923. I also looked for Domenico's birth certificate on Family Search and I wasn't successful in finding it either. I received Domenico's birth certificate from Cassino and it lists his parent's names but there is no marriage annotation on the birth certificate. I also have Angiolina's birth certificate from San Giorgio A Liri and there is no marriage annotation on her birth cert as well. Angiolina's comune, San Giorgio A Liri sent me 2 copies of her birth certificate. One of them was the short form birth certificate which lists basic information. The second certificate that they sent me was the estratto copy, but there is a twist to the tale.

Naturally, the short form certificate would not include her parent's names but when the estratto version came, I was shocked to see that there was no mention of the parents either. There was no indication that the parents were unknown. On both of these certificates, no marriage annotation was present. This marriage certificate is extremely important as Angiolina is the last great grandparent whose parents names I do not know.

She also anglicized her name to Angela, and used the name Angelina as well. She became a Canadian citizen as well.

If you need to upload these documents, please let me know

Regards,

Nic
nic5541

Re: marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescent

Postby adelfio » 07 Apr 2013, 17:41

I looked through Cassino 1891-1896 birth indexes did even find the surname De Crescentis listed are you sure you have the right info on the birth town.
Also most of the time marriage occurred in the brides birth town San Giorgio a Liri,Frosinone which is about 12 km from Cassino did you check for the marriage records there

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby nic5541 » 07 Apr 2013, 20:38

Marty,

I am 100% positive that Domenico was born in Cassino. It says so on his Italian passport, and the rest of the family says so as well, and I have his BC which states that he was born in Cassino.

For the marriage cert, I had requested from the comune of San Giorgio A Liri, but they have not responded to that request yet. They did send me the birth cert of Angiolina Meta, where there is no annotation of any marriages that occurred. The other part of her birth cert is that the parents names are not mentioned and there is no mention that the parents are unknown. The birth cert came in the estratto per riassunto format.
nic5541

Postby adelfio » 07 Apr 2013, 21:06

Can you post the birth date and index number of the birth record from Cassino

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby nic5541 » 07 Apr 2013, 22:18

It is act number 9 of 1894, Serie unica 2. The BC was reconstructed following the destruction of the city hall of Cassino, and the Tribunale during WWII. The act was reconstructed on June 14th 1959. Domenico's birth date is Jan 14th 1894

Domenico's father: Antonio De Crescentis
Domenico's mother: Maria Giuseppa Evangelista
nic5541

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy