Ribera and cammarata Help needed

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Ribera and cammarata Help needed

Post by bluefairy79 »

So i have learned that no matter how much you try some family members are just not able to give us the info we need so now i need to write to the comune of Cammarata and of Ribera This is the letter i will be sending by email i hope i can get some feedback before i send it. Also if someone can include the emails of the places or contacts so that i may be directed to the Right place. I did have it before but the site here had a problem and my info's were lost so i hope someone will help me out agian..I'm sending this for my dad.This is the address i have on file uffstatocivile@comune.ribera.ag.it

Il mio nome è Giuseppe La Greca. Sto ricercando i miei antenati e hanno bisogno di informazioni estratte dai tuoi record. Di seguito tutte le informazioni che ho per la mia famiglia fino ad ora. Vorrei estrarre tutti i documenti che potete avere per quanto segue. Si prega di includere lo stato di famiglia, se possibile.

Il cognome della famiglia è la greca Mio padre era Michele La Greca nasce 19 ago 1920 a Ribera il padre era Giuseppe La Greca e la madre era Calogera Gulino hanno anche avuto un altro figlio, Vito La Greca nato 29 settembre 1914.

La prego di informarmi se è possibile ottenere fotocopie dei vostri documenti o per dirmi che il costo di tali copie. Se non si hanno i documenti necessari, potrebbe fornire l'indirizzo del luogo in cui le registrazioni si possono trovare? Per favore fatemi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso pagare.

Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro aiuto.
Cordiali saluti,
Giuseppe La Greca
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ribera and cammarata Help needed

Post by adelfio »

What I would do instead of asking for a state of the family start with asking for both there birth acts and keep it simple.Its hard to get the state of family certificate and I would just use the year of the birthdates

statocivile@comune.cammarata.ag.it
uffstatocivile@comune.ribera.ag.it

Comune di RIBERA (AG)
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Michele La Greca e Vito La Greca.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di atti di nascita:Michele La Greca nato a Ribera il 1920 e Vito La Greca nato a Ribera il 1914.
Nome e cognome del padre:Giuseppe La Greca
Nome e cognome della madre:Calogera Gulino
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

Thanks marty your an angel will get on that asap
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

So i heard back from cammarata and the sent me this :
Facendo seguito alla sua ricjhiesta,si comunica che consultati i registri di anagrafe e di Stato civile,non esiste nessun La Greca Michele,si consiglia di rivolgersi al Comune di Ribera,comune di nascita.
Il responsabile del servizio

I also sent it to ribera but still no answer so i have to wait.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

bluefairy79 wrote:So i heard back from cammarata and the sent me this :
Facendo seguito alla sua ricjhiesta,si comunica che consultati i registri di anagrafe e di Stato civile,non esiste nessun La Greca Michele,si consiglia di rivolgersi al Comune di Ribera,comune di nascita.
Il responsabile del servizio

I also sent it to ribera but still no answer so i have to wait.
Well one down wait for the response from Ribera maybe it will be better luck

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

This is what i got today from Ribera

Facendo seguito a sua richiesta si conferma l'esistenza dell'atto di
nascita della persona in oggeto nei registri di questo comune.
L'Ufficio provevder� presto ad evadere la sua richiesta
Castelli salvatore
Ribera

Does that mean that they are looking into it?? do i have to send back an answer? some help please as i do not know what to do now?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

bluefairy79 wrote:This is what i got today from Ribera

Facendo seguito a sua richiesta si conferma l'esistenza dell'atto di
nascita della persona in oggeto nei registri di questo comune.
L'Ufficio provevder� presto ad evadere la sua richiesta
Castelli salvatore
Ribera

Does that mean that they are looking into it?? do i have to send back an answer? some help please as i do not know what to do now?
They are in the process of responding to your birth request of the person you are looking for

Marty

Marty
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

Yay!!!! why couldn't they just say that then lol.. so once i get it how will that get they info i need for his parents won't i need a date of birth for them??
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

bluefairy79 wrote:Yay!!!! why couldn't they just say that then lol.. so once i get it how will that get they info i need for his parents won't i need a date of birth for them??
There should be the parents ages on the birth act so you can get a close birth year

Marty

Marty
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

And then i can request the birth cert or find it online... Perfect i'll keep you posted thanks Marty
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

So i got an answer back from Ribera and this is what they sent me

Akl sig.
Si trasmette l'allegato estratto di naascita richiesto, che sar�
inviato in data odierna nel formato cartaceo all'indirizzo da Lei
indicato
Castelli salvatore

My guess is to get the marriage cert maybe that will help me out more???What do you think??? I also want to thank him for taking the time and answering me.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You thank them in your request. Do you have the marriage record of Giuseppe and Calogera? The footnote entry says the marriage was Feb 13 1940 he married Liboria Giubilano if they send a marriage extract it will only be her parents info you already have his parents.

Marty

Marty
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

adelfio wrote:You thank them in your request. Do you have the marriage record of Giuseppe and Calogera? The footnote entry says the marriage was Feb 13 1940 he married Liboria Giubilano if they send a marriage extract it will only be her parents info you already have his parents.

Marty
The document tells me that my grandparents married Feb 13 1944 what i really want to know is Giuseppe or calogera info birth death anything so i can locate their parents my thought was if i request a marriage cert maybe that could help me find age or something or is there something else i can request.maybe the state of family? How would i ask for that request?It also says that he was present when my grandparents married maybe he died in Ribera as Well but with no date is it possible to request?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di matrimonio di Michele La Greca e Liboria Giubilano il 13/02/1944 a Ribera

Castelli Salvatore ,
Vorrei ringraziarvi la per la sua gentilezza nell'inviarmi I dati del mio bisnonno (Michele La Greca di Giuseppe).
Ora ho un'altra richiesta da farvi e spero che sarete altrettanto premurosi nel rispondermi.
Vorrei se e' possibile l'fotocopie dell atto di matrimoni
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME EMAIL ADDRESS

Marty
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

Thanks Marty I hope i can get the info i need cause i'm not sure how else i can get it.But we will cross that bridge when or if it comes. Thanks marty i sent the email now we play the waiting game agian lol but i must say both Ribera and cammarata got back to me rather fast.Fingers crossed!!!