Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BCer,Can

Post by BCer,Can »

Hi everyone,I have just joined this forum and just want to introduce myself,I was born in Belfast NI,but now live in Canada,in British Columbia,I believe I have an Italian grandmother and hoping that maybe I can get some help in tracing her roots.Could some kind member please tell me where I can start a thread on her?many thanks.
ponise/ponisi/pinisi. adams Belfast N Irelannd Mc Donnell ballycastle N Ireland
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: new member

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Right here post your info with some dates and location

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
BCer,Can

Post by BCer,Can »

thanks for the welcome, Marty. I tried to start a topic for my great grandfather's name James Ponise/Ponisi/Pinisi. These are the 3 different ways that seem to be recorded on different documents. The information I have is that James was born at sea between 1821-1823, and settled in Ballycastle Northern Ireland. We know he married an Eliza McDonnell in Ireland, but have no record of the names of his parents, or on what ship he was born. According to my mother, now deceased,my grandmother was part Italian, therefore we think that James too is Italian descent. Is there any way I can find out if any of these names are Italian,and from what area this name would be common. It would help me in my search. Many thanks. Arnie
BCer,Can

Post by BCer,Can »

I see now I have 2 threads with the same topic can one of the be closed?how do /i do that?
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I can take care of that - which one would you like removed?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
BCer,Can

Post by BCer,Can »

the other one please,lol