Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tikibar22
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: 18 Jul 2012, 15:53
Location: Chadds Ford, PA

Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby tikibar22 » 09 Apr 2013, 21:10

Trying to prove if Maria Michela CELLI/CELLA born 8 May 1866 in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy and died 15 June 1940 in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy is the sister of one Salvatore Celli or Cella, the last name is spelled both ways. Not sure of a year of birth on Salvatore. Maria Michela's Father is LORENZO CELLI/CELLA 1834(not sure) in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy & her mother is Marianna Abbruzzese, so far this is all i have.

All Help Appreciated! :mrgreen:
Krissi
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 10089
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby Tessa78 » 09 Apr 2013, 21:55

tikibar22 wrote:Trying to prove if Maria Michela CELLI/CELLA born 8 May 1866 in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy and died 15 June 1940 in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy is the sister of one Salvatore Celli or Cella, the last name is spelled both ways. Not sure of a year of birth on Salvatore. Maria Michela's Father is LORENZO CELLI/CELLA 1834(not sure) in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy & her mother is Marianna Abbruzzese, so far this is all i have.

All Help Appreciated! :mrgreen:
Krissi


Have not yet found a birth record for Salvatore Cella/Celli - HOWEVER...
Found a sibling of your Maria Michela :-)

Born 22 July 1870 in Bagnoli - Tommaso Cella
REcord #79 (but you cannot see the name in the column - covered with paper)
Father: Lorenzo Cella of deceased Domenico
Mother: Marianna Abbruzzese of deceased Vincenzo, his wife

Left side of the image
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1028453745

Overlay of death annotation for Tommaso
Indicates he died on 4 December 1946 [record #59]
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1028453745

EDIT TO ADD:

Found this birth record for another daughter Maria, born to Marianna Abbruzzese and Lorenzo Cella, in 1875.
What is interesting...Lorenzo is DECEASED for this birth. Will have to find his death record sometime around end of 1874 and Feb. of 1875.
That would mean that Salvatore was born before 1875. I have looked at each year from 1866 through 1875 and have not found him. Possibly born BEFORE 1866???

Maria Cella
REcord #9
Dated 10 February 1875
Presented by the midwife, Maria Antonia Meloro, who assisted with the birth.
Born at 6:18 PM on the 9th of February.
Mother: Marianna Abbruzzese, wife of Lorenzo Cella, deceased
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1028453745

T.

tikibar22
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: 18 Jul 2012, 15:53
Location: Chadds Ford, PA

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby tikibar22 » 10 Apr 2013, 15:45

Tessa78 wrote:
tikibar22 wrote:Trying to prove if Maria Michela CELLI/CELLA born 8 May 1866 in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy and died 15 June 1940 in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy is the sister of one Salvatore Celli or Cella, the last name is spelled both ways. Not sure of a year of birth on Salvatore. Maria Michela's Father is LORENZO CELLI/CELLA 1834(not sure) in Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino, Italy & her mother is Marianna Abbruzzese, so far this is all i have.

All Help Appreciated! :mrgreen:
Krissi


Have not yet found a birth record for Salvatore Cella/Celli - HOWEVER...
Found a sibling of your Maria Michela :-)

Born 22 July 1870 in Bagnoli - Tommaso Cella
REcord #79 (but you cannot see the name in the column - covered with paper)
Father: Lorenzo Cella of deceased Domenico
Mother: Marianna Abbruzzese of deceased Vincenzo, his wife

Left side of the image
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1028453745

Overlay of death annotation for Tommaso
Indicates he died on 4 December 1946 [record #59]
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1028453745

EDIT TO ADD:

Found this birth record for another daughter Maria, born to Marianna Abbruzzese and Lorenzo Cella, in 1875.
What is interesting...Lorenzo is DECEASED for this birth. Will have to find his death record sometime around end of 1874 and Feb. of 1875.
That would mean that Salvatore was born before 1875. I have looked at each year from 1866 through 1875 and have not found him. Possibly born BEFORE 1866???

Maria Cella
REcord #9
Dated 10 February 1875
Presented by the midwife, Maria Antonia Meloro, who assisted with the birth.
Born at 6:18 PM on the 9th of February.
Mother: Marianna Abbruzzese, wife of Lorenzo Cella, deceased
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1028453745

T.


T~ awesome JOB!
I always get so excited when new family is found! It is easily a possibility that Salvatore was born before 1866, and i suppose there are no records to search before that time, correct?
When i entered Tommaso's info into my ancestry tree i got a hit for a passenger record same name and yr of birth with a son Lorenzo. And we all know Italians with the tradition of naming the son after the father so this s a possibility of him and a son. Now the interesting part on the passenger list Tommaso list as going to a brother Salvatore, and i cant really make out where he is going.

Tommaso Line#5 Lorenzo Line#6
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a637/tikibar22/191002111910TOMMASOCELLIPASSANGERINFO_zpsfc705c9f.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a637/tikibar22/191002111910TOMMASOCELLIPASSANGERINFOpg2_zps83e18814.jpg
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 10089
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby Tessa78 » 10 Apr 2013, 15:58

Hey Krissi :-D

Glad to have helped!

As for the manifest...
It is difficult to say, but it looks like they are going to Salvatore at 1005(?) Emerson St., - the city and state are hard to read on both pages... MAYBE Mason, Ohio; Mason, California? Don't even know if these places exist.

But it even looks like Sparou, Pennsylvania! LOL

T.

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 10089
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby Tessa78 » 10 Apr 2013, 17:29

Tessa78 wrote:Hey Krissi :-D

Glad to have helped!

As for the manifest...
It is difficult to say, but it looks like they are going to Salvatore at 1005(?) Emerson St., - the city and state are hard to read on both pages... MAYBE Mason, Ohio; Mason, California? Don't even know if these places exist.

But it even looks like Sparou, Pennsylvania! LOL

T.


Found an arrival manifest for LORENZO Cella, age 16, in 1907 (Sept. 27th, SS Konig Albert), last residence Bagnoli Irpino.
Leaving FATHER - SALVATORE in Bagnoli Irpino :-)
Going to SHARRON, PA... Could this be the destination on the manifest for Tommasso?
Lorenzo is joining his brother - Aniello...

Arrival of Salvatore? in 1909?

Notation has him going to his brother-in-law Michele Infante in Niles, OHIO
Leaving his wife, Angelina/Angiolina? in Bagnoli Irpino.

First Name: Salvatore
Last Name: Celli
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Bag... ..., Italy
Date of Arrival: Sep 17, 1909
Age at Arrival: 47y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Cretic
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0014

T.

tikibar22
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: 18 Jul 2012, 15:53
Location: Chadds Ford, PA

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby tikibar22 » 10 Apr 2013, 17:52

Tessa78 wrote:
Tessa78 wrote:Hey Krissi :-D

Glad to have helped!

As for the manifest...
It is difficult to say, but it looks like they are going to Salvatore at 1005(?) Emerson St., - the city and state are hard to read on both pages... MAYBE Mason, Ohio; Mason, California? Don't even know if these places exist.

But it even looks like Sparou, Pennsylvania! LOL

T.


Found an arrival manifest for LORENZO Cella, age 16, in 1907 (Sept. 27th, SS Konig Albert), last residence Bagnoli Irpino.
Leaving FATHER - SALVATORE in Bagnoli Irpino :-)
Going to SHARRON, PA... Could this be the destination on the manifest for Tommasso?
Lorenzo is joining his brother - Aniello...

Arrival of Salvatore? in 1909?

Notation has him going to his brother-in-law Michele Infante in Niles, OHIO
Leaving his wife, Angelina/Angiolina? in Bagnoli Irpino.

First Name: Salvatore
Last Name: Celli
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Bag... ..., Italy
Date of Arrival: Sep 17, 1909
Age at Arrival: 47y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Cretic
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0014

T.


YOU HAVE A REAL GIFT MY FRIEND!!!
CONFIRMED Maria Michela CELLI/CELLA is MARRIED TO MICHELE INFANTE who lived in Niles for a period of time, not sure of these periods of time yet, these are my 3x's great grandparents! I am so delighted by this info! So this confirms that Michela had a brother named Salvatore born aprox 1862! Which would put his birth year out of reach as of now.
Grazie! Grazie!
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 10089
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby Tessa78 » 10 Apr 2013, 17:58

Prego! Prego! :-D

T.

tikibar22
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: 18 Jul 2012, 15:53
Location: Chadds Ford, PA

Re: Extract info of record

Postby tikibar22 » 09 Jun 2015, 22:58

Tessa78 wrote:
Have not yet found a birth record for Salvatore Cella/Celli - HOWEVER...
Found a sibling of your Maria Michela :-)

Born 22 July 1870 in Bagnoli - Tommaso Cella
REcord #79 (but you cannot see the name in the column - covered with paper)
Father: Lorenzo Cella of deceased Domenico
Mother: Marianna Abbruzzese of deceased Vincenzo, his wife

Left side of the image
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1028453745

Overlay of death annotation for Tommaso
Indicates he died on 4 December 1946 [record #59]
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1028453745



T.



I am not sure if this is the correct thing to do - I didnt want to start a new post because the general info is already in this post -

But the record listed above for
Tommaso Cella Born 22 July 1870 in Bagnoli - Record #79:
Is his father Lorenzo Cella of deceased Domenico age recorded in the Birth
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-32042-5757-33?cc=2043434&wc=MM1H-F2V:1028453745
I really have a hard time reading/understanding the handwriting.

I have a Lorenzo Cella of Domenico born in 1834 and a Lorenzo Cella of Domenico born in 1824 both married to a Marianna Abbruzzese of Vincenzo in my tree. What are the possibilities that these are the same Lorenzos'? I am trying to sort this.... :?:

Thanks a bunch Krissi
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 10089
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby Tessa78 » 10 Jun 2015, 04:44

Hello again, Krissi! :-)

Unfortunately, there are no ages for the father or mother in the birth record of Tommaso Cella. Ironically, there are ages for the witnesses to the recording of the act :?

When you say...
I have a Lorenzo Cella of Domenico born in 1834 and a Lorenzo Cella of Domenico born in 1824 both married to a Marianna Abbruzzese of Vincenzo in my tree. What are the possibilities that these are the same Lorenzos'?

are you saying you have other records that identify Lorenzo as born in 1824 and 1834?
Since his wife's name is the same, it is a good possibility that these are the same Lorenzo [son of Domenico]... ages in the records can be very fluid. It is not unusual to see discrepancies like this over a span of years for the same person.

Can you post the records so we can take a good look at them?

T.

tikibar22
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 78
Joined: 18 Jul 2012, 15:53
Location: Chadds Ford, PA

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby tikibar22 » 10 Jun 2015, 22:39

Unfortunately, there are no ages for the father or mother in the birth record of Tommaso Cella. Ironically, there are ages for the witnesses to the recording of the act :?


That is very odd that there is no age info for the father in Tommaso's birth record, that could have greatly helped my Lorenzo mess.
I only have one written record listing Lorenzo's age and a piece of family history. Lorenzo and Marianna's other children were born before 1866 so ill have to order the rolls of film at some point.


Lorenzo (Son of Domenico, Husband of Marianna Abbruzzese)
According to the documents i have from obtained from Family Search which are his children born 1866 and after (because those records are avail online)
Record #1 - Ma. Michela Cella b. 1866
Image


Family records (I have found other discrepancies, birth years and missing people)
Image

What do you think the chances that these are the some Lorenzo and which birth year would you go with?
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 10089
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Salvatore Celli/Cella Birth Record Search

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Jun 2015, 02:57

Very possible they are the same Lorenzo...

My inclination is to go with the "official" civil record. I expect his year of birth was close to 1834...

T.


Return to “Italian Genealogy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests