Nocera Inferiore- no records at the FHC

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Nocera Inferiore- no records at the FHC

Postby carmine1917 » 15 Apr 2013, 01:59

Hello, anyone know why there are no records for this town? I was told they may have been destroyed during WWII. Does anyone know an email address or the Church to get records from this town?
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Re: Nocera Inferiore- no records at the FHC

Postby erudita74 » 15 Apr 2013, 02:12

carmine1917 wrote:Hello, anyone know why there are no records for this town? I was told they may have been destroyed during WWII. Does anyone know an email address or the Church to get records from this town?

There are no microfilmed records, but I would still check with the town itself. Here are two email addresses you can try-

archivio.statocivile@comune.nocera-inferiore.sa.it

anagrafe@comune.nocera-inferiore.sa.it

There are 10 parishes there-

http://nocera-inferiore.corriere.it/par ... chie.shtml

I also found the following website which has email addresses for the parish priests in the different parishes

http://www.diocesinocerasarno.it/2011/?page_id=27

Go to the right column and click on each parish under the name Nocera Inf.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby carmine1917 » 15 Apr 2013, 02:55

Thank you :)
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Postby PippoM » 15 Apr 2013, 09:29

I can assure you records do exist. Records from about 1810 to 1865 are available at Archivio di Stato di Salerno (Natioonal Archives). Following records do exist at town offices. A few years ago I got some help and documents from a clerk, but after that, even if he told he would look for me in the records, I could get no more info (he was a very strange guy...). What I don't know is if registers after 1865 were given to the Tribunale (Court), and if LDS ever asked for microfilming them.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical searches in Italy.
Translation of your old documents and letters.
Legal assistance for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Postby carmine1917 » 15 Apr 2013, 15:43

I have the same problem with towns in Naples records are only up until 1865 in the towns I need.
Someone I know was going to Salt Lake City and our director at the FHC called to inquire about some towns in Spain and Salt lake City had them, they were not even on the website, they could only be viewed there. What surname from this town are you looking for, I am looking for Mandarino.
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Postby elmosgirl » 16 Apr 2013, 02:22

Hello Carmine 1917,

Looking for a relative in NI was an exercise in impossibility (in communicating with the persons in charge there), so I found everything I wanted (and more) through the Salerno Archives. The Doctoresses at the Archives are a class act, very responsive and very, very helpful. May I suggest snail mail to them the first time you make a request. Including a photo of your passport or drivers license speeds things along. Include your email; they may choose to answer that way. If you want certified copies of results they will cost money; not so simply information.

The records you want may very well be in NI,but good luck getting them :!:

Noel

I should have added: subsequent communication with the Archives in the last two years has always been through email. They're very good about that!
elmosgirl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby carmine1917 » 16 Apr 2013, 02:44

I am looking for a marriage record in the 1920's and a birth record from 1904. Will the state archives have them?
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 16 Apr 2013, 05:16

This is my town and Nocera Superiore, N.S. is very prompt about requests. N.I. is not. there and they have all the records, but as they as forgetaboutit! He does not answer requests. I have tried for years and have received a few things. You should try anyway, let me if you are luck. I find that going though the archives in Salerno, you know they have duplicate copies of everything, if much easier. If you want copies of doc the salerno archives can be expensive but they will tell you the info before you need to order docs,so unless you are doing citizenship you don't need the docs. If you need the address for all these people let me know.
corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby elmosgirl » 18 Apr 2013, 03:56

Hello,

Because I've found records on-line for births and marriages in Italy up to 1938 and 1939, I'm guessing you will be able to find records for the years you posted.

Here are addresses you can use:

Archivio di Stato di SALERNO
Indirizzo: Piazza Abate Conforti, 7
Provincia: SALERNO
Cap: 84125
Telefono: 089225147
Fax: 089226641
Indirizzo web: http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it
E-mail: assa@archivi.beniculturali.it

Hope this helps.
Noel
elmosgirl