Pasquale Ruggiero / Donato Ruggiero

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Pasquale Ruggiero / Donato Ruggiero

Postby gsmuffin » 15 Apr 2013, 04:39

Thanks to many people on here I found out loads about Pasquale and his wife Irene Decarlo :D Now I just need help on finding his brother Donato, which I'm pretty sure I've found already, I'm just not sure how to "connect" the two?

Pasquale was born April 3, 1886 in Rionero in Vulture, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy and most likely died somewhere around Chicago, Illinois. He came here June 4 1909 alone, his wife Irene in Rionero and his brother Donato in Providence, RI. His wife Irene and their son Vito here on October 9 1910. Their son Frank was born in Rhode Island. Family story goes Pasquale, Irene, Vito, and Frank were all visiting from Italy in Rhode Island, and when it was time to leave Pasquale took Frank and he never saw his mother again. On Feb 21 1926, when Frank was about 14, he came back from Italy? So I guess he did see his mother and brother sometime after that. On his record it said he was going to his father Pasquale in Rhode Island, but on Pasquale's naturalization records it says was in Chicago Heights, Illinois 4 years prior?

There is only one Donato Ruggiero in Providence, Rhode Island that I can find. He married Maria Donata D'Urso/D'Orsi (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XMZG-GFG) On his military records, it says he was born in Naples, Italy, while Pasquale was born in Rionero in Vulture. Donato's parents were Vito and Carmela and both Pasquale and Donato named their first son Vito.

I can't really find any matching information on them both to match it up, but nothing really that says they aren't related. Any help would be appreciated, thank you :D
gsmuffin

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy