Fiore - Central Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JLioness

Fiore - Central Italy

Post by JLioness »

I am in search of any information concerning the Family of Fiore. We have family in central Italy, but that is as much as I know. Please, this is for my grandfathers dying wish... God Bless His Soul.
Thank you,
The Fiore Family in Houston, Texas and Boston, Mass.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Fiore - Central Italy

Post by mfjp »

There are many here at this forum who will help... but need more information from you. What was your Great Grandfather's name..name of spouse, where they first settled in America... any clue as to where in Central Italy family is from... if you can find out the name of the siblings, it will also help. Also include years of birth...

mfjp
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

There is a Vincent Fiore, born in Massachusetts in 1921 and died in Texas in 1999.

If this is your grandparent, he is in the 1930 census of Boston, Suffolk, ed 13-8, page 2A. It states that his father is named Vincent as well, age 45, mother is Angeline, age 35, and lists sister Carmella age 12,
brother Anthony age 10, and Vincent age 8.

I am gone for the weekend so if this is your ancestor, perhaps one of the other helpers here will look through the other info available for you...

Have a good day

(The father Vincent: original form could be Vincenzo or even Giacomo)
JLioness

Post by JLioness »

Yes, my grandfathers name is Vincent James Fiore, he passed away in 1999 here in Houston, Texas. His parents moved to Boston, Mass from Central Italy. I am trying to find out more info from my uncles, but it is hard getting in touch with him. My grandfather came from a very big family; I believe he had 10 brothers and sisters, or something like that.
Thank you for all your help!
I will let you know more info as soon as possible.
Ciao!
JLioness

Post by JLioness »

Update:
My uncle says that the Fiore Family originated from Florence, Italy. He is getting back with me concerning names and birthdates.
Thank you again for all your help.
Ciao!
JLioness

Post by JLioness »

My Great-Grandmothers name is Camella Fiore from Florence, Italy. That is all the info I have at this time.
Thanks,
JLioness

Post by JLioness »

Correction:

My grandfather has 22 brothers and sisters, 12 have passed away.
Please I am still in search of new Information concerning the Fiore Family.
Thank you for all your help.
Ciao!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

JLioness wrote:Correction:

My grandfather has 22 brothers and sisters, 12 have passed away.
Please I am still in search of new Information concerning the Fiore Family.
Thank you for all your help.
Ciao!
Hi:
about the surname, FIORE is tipical of Sicily and diffused in the years in all Italy.. Vincent James are VINCENZO GIACOMO italian spelling, but is possible that on ship's manifest are only Vincenzo or Vincenzo G. ... the first destination in USA was Boston? you know some other detail.. the number siblings not help for search... are necessary some other data.. was already married when came in USA? please let me know, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

To sum up what is known so far........

Vincent James Fiore:
born in Boston, Mass. 1921
died in Houston, Texas 1999

1930 census of Boston, Mass., Suffolk, ed 13-8, page 2A:
Father: Vincent Fiore, age 45, born abt. 1885
Mother: Angeline, age 35, born abt.1895
Children:
Carmella, age 12, born abt. 1918
Anthony, age 10, born abt. 1920
Vincent, age 8, born 1921

Vincent's parents immigrated to Boston, Mass.
Great-Grandmothers name is Camella Fiore from Florence, Italy?

We have an excellent team effort here, but additional information as requested by suanj and mfjp is needed.
Italian women retain their maiden names. Do you know Angeline's maiden name?A ship manifest would use the maiden name. Is Camella's (Carmella?) maiden name Fiore, or are using her married name? Did Carmella come to the U.S.?
In order to locate records in Italy the exact town of origin must be known.
Have you tried to locate any records here in the states? Birth, marriage or death certificates? Obituaries? Social Security applications? How many children were born to Vincenzo and Angeline? Were they all born in U.S.?
Was Vincenzo and Angeline married in U.S. or Italy? Do you know what parish they attended in Boston? Have you tried to find naturalization records for Vincenzo and Angeline? Did either of them have brothers and sisters, if so, what are their full names?
Interview everyone in the family and try to locate more info, pictures, postcards, and letters may contain clues as well.
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

wldspirit wrote:To sum up what is known so far........

Vincent James Fiore:
born in Boston, Mass. 1921
died in Houston, Texas 1999

1930 census of Boston, Mass., Suffolk, ed 13-8, page 2A:
Father: Vincent Fiore, age 45, born abt. 1885
Mother: Angeline, age 35, born abt.1895
Children:
Carmella, age 12, born abt. 1918
Anthony, age 10, born abt. 1920
Vincent, age 8, born 1921

Vincent's parents immigrated to Boston, Mass.
Great-Grandmothers name is Camella Fiore from Florence, Italy?

We have an excellent team effort here, but additional information as requested by suanj and mfjp is needed.
Italian women retain their maiden names. Do you know Angeline's maiden name?A ship manifest would use the maiden name. Is Camella's (Carmella?) maiden name Fiore, or are using her married name? Did Carmella come to the U.S.?
In order to locate records in Italy the exact town of origin must be known.
Have you tried to locate any records here in the states? Birth, marriage or death certificates? Obituaries? Social Security applications? How many children were born to Vincenzo and Angeline? Were they all born in U.S.?
Was Vincenzo and Angeline married in U.S. or Italy? Do you know what parish they attended in Boston? Have you tried to find naturalization records for Vincenzo and Angeline? Did either of them have brothers and sisters, if so, what are their full names?
Interview everyone in the family and try to locate more info, pictures, postcards, and letters may contain clues as well.
wldspirit
Hi wldspirit: great research!
So, is very probable that Vincenzo FIORE, father of Vincent James, was been born in 1885 and came in Boston/Mass joining parents...
and are this record very..but very interesting... Vincenzo FIORE born in BONITO, age 17 in 1904, joining Liberatore father in Boston -Mass address 240....etc...
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipm ... 3417090009

record of Liberatore FIORE Boston/Mass

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0046%2ETIF in travel with Costantino FIORE age 16 in 1902 and in travel with many Bonito's people
well, IF this is the just Vincenzo FIORE was born in Bonito town /Avellino province/Campania region... central south Italy...
Happy Easter!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Happy Easter Suanj...... :D

Research credit goes to Essgee for finding the census.......I just summarized all the post...........

Have a good weekend,
Hugs,
wldspirit
Rosiedelia

Post by Rosiedelia »

Hi My greatgrandmother was a Fiore from Central Italy. We think the family moved from around campobasso toward Puglia. Her name was Rosa Fiore. Costantino Fiore sounds like a family prenom of ours.

I am also looking for the Fiore surname so I am going to watch the replies on this posting with great interest.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

I am also looking for the Fiore surname so I am going to watch the replies on this posting with great interest.
I have a few Fiore surnames in my collections coming from a town called Villavallelonga, L'Aquila.. as far back as 1759 (Sante Fiore)...

Can send you the info if you wish.

mfjp
Rosiedelia

Post by Rosiedelia »

Yes Please. If you can do that I would be grateful and I will certainly send everything I have on same to pad out anyone elses information needs if this is from my family.