MICHELANGELO LAURIA AND TERESA PADULA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

MICHELANGELO LAURIA AND TERESA PADULA

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 25 Apr 2013, 03:25

All I know about Michelangelo and Teresa so far is that Michelangelo’s father was Giuseppi and Teresa’s father was Francesco. So far I have located records for five children.

What I am finding a little confusing is Michelangelo’s year of birth. If I am reading the various birth acts correctly in 1874 he was recorded as being aged 36, in 1876 he was recorded as 30, in 1879 he was 40, in 1881 he was 35 and in 1883 he was 40 again???? Now admittedly I’ve been working at this a little while today so may well have some of this incorrect.

Anyways, could someone please check on Ancestry.com for me for the marriage record of Michelangelo Lauria and Teresa Padula. I’m guessing they were married early 1800s, possibly 1872. Thank you for your help. Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: MICHELANGELO LAURIA AND TERESA PADULA

Postby adelfio » 25 Apr 2013, 03:59

I would say 1843-1844 birth year and it looks like his dad Giuseppe and her dad Francesco were dead at the time of the wedding in 1868
Death record of Michelangelo Lauria
INDEX#60
1908 Oct 10th in the town of Saponara di Grumento in house at Santo Infantino #635 death of Michelangelo Lauria age 64(1844)shepherd son of deceased Giuseppe Lauria and Rosalia Casella husband of Teresa Padula
CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

INDEX#73
1918 Oct 26th in the town of Saponara di Grumento in house at Santo Infantino #635 death of Teresa Padula age 72(1846) daughter of deceased Francesco Padula and deceased Caterina Vertunni widow of Michelangelo Lauria

Marriage of Michelangelo Lauria and Teresa Padula
INDEX#7
1868 Aug 2nd in the town of Saponara di Grumento marriage of Michelangelo Lauria age 24 son of deceased Giuseppe Lauria and Rosalia Casella married to Teresa Padula age 22
daughter of deceased Francesco Padula and Caterina Vertunni

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 25 Apr 2013, 04:55

Awesome. Thank you for posting these records on this thread as well as I would like to keep it going. I wasn't sure what I was meant to do after I realised you had beat me to it and already posted these records on my other thread. Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 25 Apr 2013, 06:02

Death record of Rosalia Casella
INDEX#5
1878 Feb 18th in the town of Saponara di Grumento death of Rosalia Casella age 70(1808) daughter of Michele Casella no mother listed widow of Giuseppe Lauria

Death record of Caterina Vertunni
INDEX#56
1875 Nov 27th in the town of Saponara di Grumento death of Caterina Vertunni age 60(1815) daughter of deceased Domenico Vertunni and deceased Lucia Argenzio?? widow of Francesco Padula

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 25 Apr 2013, 06:41

Well I am absolutely exhausted and you're the one who has done all the work here Marty. This is just so incredible, there is just so much info here, thank you big time. Yes I am pretty sure it is spelt Argenzio as I have seen this name before during my travels through GN Births. I have just checked the GN Birth indices I have saved and it appears printed clearly in one of them with that spelling. Time for a walk in the sunshine I think to clear my head a bit. Thanks greatly. Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy