Raffaele Gilardi and Antonia Nassa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Raffaele Gilardi and Antonia Nassa

Postby witchmedea » 09 May 2013, 22:58

Hello,
I am trying to find out information about my great grandfather Raffaele Gilardi and his wife Antonia Gilardi nee Nassa. According to what I could see on ancestry.com the couple were married in Italy before coming over to the United States. I know they were from Caserta and I am pretty sure they lived in San Angelo D'Alif.

I have no idea who their parents were or when they were married to each other. I do know that Raffaele had a brother named Domenico. I also saw that Raffaele listed on his World War I Draft Registration Card (filled out in 1918) the name Giacontina Gilardi as his nearest relative and her place of residence as San Angelo D'Alif. I do not know if this was his mother or maybe a sister still living in Italy.

After settling in the U.S. Raffaele lived in Bristol, Pennsylvania. From what I saw on ancestry he made numerous trips back and forth to Italy. He was born about 1874 and died in 1945. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Rose
witchmedea

Re: Raffaele Gilardi and Antonia Nassa

Postby witchmedea » 10 May 2013, 12:18

Update: Raffaele and Antonia also lived in Tullytown, Pennsylvania. AS far as I know they had four children. James (my grandfather), Dominic, Carl and Mary. Antonia died in a car accident in 1930.

Rose
witchmedea

Postby pink67 » 10 May 2013, 12:30

Hi Rose,

Raffaele and Antonia were married in Italy, Sant'Angelo d'Alife on 1898.
This is their marriage act from the site Ancestry.it:

Marriage act number 6 - Year 1898

Groom: Gilardi Raffaele, age 23, shoemaker, single, born and resident in Sant'Angelo d'Alife, son of the late Carlo and of the living Giocondina Contenti

Bride: Nassa Maria Antonia, age 20, farmer, single, born and resident in Sant'Angelo, daughter of the living Domenico resident in America and of the living Filomena D'Agosto resident in Sant'Angelo

Marriage date: 12 march 1898

image here:
http://postimg.org/image/6v776vqt3/

from the site familysearch.org the marriage banns:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :497531971

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 10 May 2013, 12:46

Again from the site Ancestry.it the birth act of Rafaele

Birth Act number 45 - Year 1874

Gilardi Raffaele was born in Sant'Angelo d'Alife on 12 july 1874, son of Carlo Gilardi son of the late Nicola, age 34, farmer(who declared personally his son's birth to the town hall officer) and of his wife Giocontina Contenti daughter of the living Gio Giuseppe, age 27

image here:
http://postimg.org/image/keswbl3zr/

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Postby witchmedea » 10 May 2013, 15:28

Hello Laura,

Thank you so much!! I was not having any luck finding these things on my own. You have made me very happy!! Thank you again!

Rose
witchmedea

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy