Looking for Tassone's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pascalena

Looking for Tassone's

Postby pascalena » 20 Feb 2005, 21:10

I am looking for members of the family of Tassone's from the New York City area. They would be descendants of Carmela Bertucci Tassone. She had a sister Maria Caterina Bertucci Galle and a sister Victoria Bertucci Filardo who lived in Mineral Point, WI and a brother Francesco Bertucci who also lived in Mineral Point, WI but was killed in the early 1900's. They are from Spadola, Italy. I know that two of her children lived in the Long Island area, Nick Tassone and Bernina Tassone. My grandmother was Maria Caterina Bertucci Galle and I would like to get in touch with the family. Thanks for any help!

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for Tassone's

Postby brujaojos » 21 Feb 2005, 20:02

pascalena wrote:I am looking for members of the family of Tassone's from the New York City area. They would be descendants of Carmela Bertucci Tassone. She had a sister Maria Caterina Bertucci Galle and a sister Victoria Bertucci Filardo who lived in Mineral Point, WI and a brother Francesco Bertucci who also lived in Mineral Point, WI but was killed in the early 1900's. They are from Spadola, Italy. I know that two of her children lived in the Long Island area, Nick Tassone and Bernina Tassone. My grandmother was Maria Caterina Bertucci Galle and I would like to get in touch with the family. Thanks for any help!

Hi There,

So far I found Victoria Bertucci Filardo in Mineral Point, WI in the 1930 Census. Here is the information on her with her husband Joseph and their children.

Joseph Filardo, born abt 1885, born in Italy
Victoria Filardo, born abt 1887, born in Italy
Frank Filardo, born abt 1912
Rowlena Filardo, born abt 1913
Nick Filardo, born abt 1915
Concetta Filardo, born abt 1916
Carmella Filardo, born abt 1918
Bruno Filardo, born abt 1919
Gigusppe Filardo, born abt 1921
Calerino Filardo, born abt 1923
Rosa Filardo, born abt 1925
Domenico Filardo, born abt 1929

All the children were born in Wisconsin. Per this census, Joseph (Giuseppe) Filardo came to the USA in 1906 and was already Naturalized by 1930. Victoria came to USA in 1910.
Victoria and Joseph were married about 1910.

Per the WWI Draft card, Giuseppe (Joseph) Filardo was born October 2, 1885.

I'll be back with more info in another post.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 21 Feb 2005, 20:10

pascalena wrote:I am looking for members of the family of Tassone's from the New York City area. They would be descendants of Carmela Bertucci Tassone. She had a sister Maria Caterina Bertucci Galle and a sister Victoria Bertucci Filardo who lived in Mineral Point, WI and a brother Francesco Bertucci who also lived in Mineral Point, WI but was killed in the early 1900's. They are from Spadola, Italy. I know that two of her children lived in the Long Island area, Nick Tassone and Bernina Tassone. My grandmother was Maria Caterina Bertucci Galle and I would like to get in touch with the family. Thanks for any help!

Hi There,

I believe this is Frank Bertucci's family in Mineral Point, WI.

Catherine Bertucci, born abt 1893, in Italy, widow
Rose Bertucci, born abt 1912
Mary Bertucci, born abt 1913
Victoria Bertucci, born abt 1915
Frank Bertucci, born 1916

Hope this is them,
Trish

Trish

Genealogy-Forum

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 21 Feb 2005, 20:15

I'm having a tough time finding Carmela Tassone. However, with the other information I gave you. You can check to see if anyone had passed away through the Social Security Death Index.

Here is the link for the SSDI through the Family History Center
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... _form=true

Also, you can go to www.411.com and see if anyone with the surnames are still in Wisconson.

Hope this all helps.
Trish

Trish

Genealogy-Forum

pascalena

Postby pascalena » 28 Feb 2005, 04:36

Trish,

Thanks for your help. I was wondering how you found out Joseph Filardo was naturalized by 1930. I am looking to find out if my grandfather, Charles Galle sometimes spelled galley and galli was naturalized. He was also from Mineral Point, WI

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 28 Feb 2005, 04:51

pascalena wrote:Trish,

Thanks for your help. I was wondering how you found out Joseph Filardo was naturalized by 1930. I am looking to find out if my grandfather, Charles Galle sometimes spelled galley and galli was naturalized. He was also from Mineral Point, WI

Dear Pascalena,

Each Census has clues on it. An example is the 1900 Cenus list the month and year a person was born and when a person first entered the USA. With the 1910, 1920, and 1930 census; you can see when a person came to the USA and see if they Petitioned for their Naturalization (PA), was still an Alien (AL), or if they were Naturalized (NA).

These clues help narrow down the year of Naturalization. Also, I suggest you write to the County that the familied lived most of their lives. It is much easier getting their Naturalization Records that way, then through NARA.

One more thing, Charles Galle was still an Alien in the 1930 Census.

I hope this helps.
Trish

Trish

Genealogy-Forum

mikedukat

Postby mikedukat » 07 Oct 2007, 09:14

My grandma (Mary) was born to Joseph Galle of Mineral Pont. Her dad's brother came 1st and settled in Wisconsin then sent his brother. I will post more later.

Mike Dukat

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Tassone

Postby BillieDeKid » 07 Oct 2007, 14:12

Hi Mike,

I'm from Mineral Point also. Pascalena and I grew up together. We lived across the street from each other. Ask your grandmother if she remembers the Mangiardi's.

Who are your grandma's brother's and sisters? I'm going to guess it's Bruno, Lena, Charlie etc.

Let me know and glad to see you're post.

Elizabeth

mikedukat

Postby mikedukat » 09 Oct 2007, 08:28

Elizabeth,

You are correct on my grandma's brothers and sisters. Unfortunately my grandma (Mary) passed away some years ago. She always told me it was a good place to grow up and visit. I was up in Mineral Point a couple months ago to visit Bruno and Lena with my dad after my mother (Marie Galle/Dukat) died. I am planning on learning more about my mom's family (Galle), since she was born in Milwaukee and didn't spend any time there as a child. What a small world. I will make sure to call Bruno and ask.

Take care,

Mike

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 09 Oct 2007, 14:44

Hi Mike,

Bruno and Marion were my second mom and dad!!! Their daughter Nancy and I are best friends. When you talk to Bruno, Lena and Josephine about me you'll have to use the name they know me by - Libby. Real names Elizabeth but everyone in Mineral Point knows me by Libby and my mom was Elizabeth but everyone called her Liz.

If Nancy wasn't at my house I was at hers. We shared parents!!! When you talk to Bruno tell him I said hello.

Nancy was here a few months ago, her daughter had a basketball tournament near me.

Yes it is a small world. Do you live in Milwaukee? It's not far from me and I'd be happy to help you with your search. Here is my email address

EJFFTS @ AOL.com without the spaces, of course. Shoot me an email so we can talk.

All the best

Elizabeth (Libby)

cazzie33

Postby cazzie33 » 14 Oct 2009, 01:00

Hello,
My last name is Galle. I was born in Mineral Point and still live here. My father's name was Joseph but was known as Ted. I think I can help you as Catherine Bertucci Galle was my Grandmother. She passed away when I was about 12 or 13. I remember her sister, my great aunt Victoria Filardo, quite well. She was a real nice lady, spoke very broken English, so I learned a few Italian words from her. You ask about the Tassone's. I think I can take you right to the grave of one of the Tassones as I used to mow the grass at St. Paul's cemetary!! I know and knew all of the Filardo's whose names have been posted. There are two sisters still living, Rose and Carmella Filardo. They would be daughters of Victoria. None of my aunts or uncles are living. We lost Aunt Nellie just a year ago, she was the last of 14!! Let me know how I can help. There are a few Italians in town who are old enough to answer most of your questions.
Take care.
Gary

bernicepino

Postby bernicepino » 10 Jan 2016, 22:55

Hi. My name is Brunina Tassone Pino, I had a brother named Nick Tassone. He died 8 years ago. My mother was Carmela Bertucci Tassone and we came here from Spadola in 1947. I know all my cousins in Mineral Point because I came there a few times. I keep in touch with my cousin named Rose Mary Temple who lives in Madison. Please let me know if any one remembers me.

Bernice(Brunina) Pino

Return to “Italian Genealogy”