Cemeteries in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Cemeteries in Italy

Postby Sirena » 19 May 2013, 15:17

Is there an office at the cemeteries in Italy to locate a grave or get a photo of it? If so, to whom should it be addressed? Thanks
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Re: Cemeteries in Italy

Postby erudita74 » 19 May 2013, 16:02

Sirena wrote:Is there an office at the cemeteries in Italy to locate a grave or get a photo of it? If so, to whom should it be addressed? Thanks

You may want to read this concerning burials in Italy-

http://www.obit-mag.com/articles/you-as ... lian-style

While there may be an office located at a local cemetery, it does not always have a caretaker there. I also discovered that some cemeteries in Italy take "siesta time" like the locals and are closed certain hours. You may need to contact the municipio in the town in question concerning questions about the local cemetery.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby Sirena » 20 May 2013, 02:25

Thanks, Erudita! That was quite a story!
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Postby erudita74 » 20 May 2013, 13:13

Sirena wrote:Thanks, Erudita! That was quite a story!

You're very, welcome. That link was originally shared with us by another volunteer on this forum, Marty (Adelfio). So the thanks really belongs to Marty.

BTW, what are the towns whose cemeteries interest you? Sometimes other researchers have visited those towns (or will be visiting them) and are willing to take/share photos. That's how I obtained photos of the cemeteries in several of my own ancestral towns years ago.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy