How bad did Google translate butcher this?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

How bad did Google translate butcher this?

Postby jessicarucco » 30 May 2013, 23:23

Hi everyone - I am trying to draft a letter to the Torella comune to see if they will either re-create my GGM's birth record or certify a photo copy of the one on microfilm as they informed me that all of their records were destroyed in an earthquake. Does this sound like a bad idea? Has anyone had to do anything similar? Also, do I just print out the record from my computer, or will LDS send me a copy if I request it?

Here is the draft of my letter with the help of Google and I'm wondering if there is anything in Italian that I should change before sending it to them.

As always, thank you all so much for your assistance!

Caro signore o signora -

Il 27 maggio ho chiesto informazioni su come ottenere un certificato di nascita per la mia bisnonna, Filomena Salerno, nato il 2 Maggio 1885 a Torella de Lombardi.
Il vostro ufficio ha risposto che tutti i record prima del 1900 sono stati sfortunatamente distrutta in un terremoto.

Ho allegato una copia del microfilm che è il record di nascita originial per Filomena. Sei in grado di o ricreare il documento di nascita e inviarlo a me, oppure certificare la copia che ho allegato ed inviarlo di nuovo me?

Sono felice di pagare le tasse.

Grazie mille per il vostro aiuto in questa materia molto importante.
jessicarucco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: How bad did Google translate butcher this?

Postby erudita74 » 31 May 2013, 01:10

Jessica
I am sending you a private message.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy