Last Name-Cope

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
biddle68

Last Name-Cope

Post by biddle68 »

I am just beginning my genealogical search and was told by several family members that we are of Italian descent. My family's last name is Cope, which if my family is correct about our past, I would assume has been changed from Copa/o or something similar.

Has anyone else heard of the name Cope coming from Italy?
I have checked other sites and found the name Cope originating from the province of Tuscany.

I have always had a passion for genealogy, but I don't have any family records, so I am kind of starting from scratch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Last Name-Cope

Post by Italysearcher »

Start with yourself and work backwards using birth and marriage records then census records until you get to the truth. You don't say if you are in the USA or UK. Available records are different for these countries but the process is the same. Don't put the cart before the horse.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Last Name-Cope

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website if you leave some info like grandparents birth dates and locations I think the good people on here will help you find your roots

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty