Antonio Mosca/Musco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Antonio Mosca/Musco

Postby MuscoMisty11 » 11 Jun 2013, 16:42

Ok I am trying to piece together a puzzle. Antonio Mosca Immigrated to the US Via Ellis Island on the Britannia 6/12/1898. I am trying to find out where he went from then till his wife, son and Mother-in-Law arrived to Ellis Island 5/6/1898 and then from then till they settled in Ascension Parish Louisiana. First land purchase in the parish was 5/28/1900. I am trying to piece together where they were from time of immigration till they got to Louisiana. Antonio's wife was Maria Michelina DiTella Mosca. As on different land grants their spelling of last names vary from Musk, Musks, Musko, Mosca and eventually Musco which is the name variation this branch of family has taken. It was said that Antonio may have visited Brooklyn for a while when he arrived. There is also a Mosca family that own a restaurant near New Orleans that may be of some relation. According to the history of their family on the restaurant website they came to louisiana to visit family and liked it enough to eventually put down roots. Could we be those relatives? There is so much to be found out about where Antonio went and what he did between 1893 till first land purchase in 1900 in Ascension Parish. 7 years of unknown. That is the years that I need to piece together. Maybe it will help find other relatives to add to the story. I also heard that Antonio's sister Anna may have came to the US and then later returned back to Italy. Any help in these areas will be appreciated.
MuscoMisty11

Re: Antonio Mosca/Musco

Postby Biff83 » 11 Jun 2013, 18:25

For reference:

1893 ship manifest for Antonio Mosca
Last residence San Pietro Avellana
Destination Brooklyn
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0038

1898 manifest for wife, son and mother in law
Last residence San Pietro Avellana
Destination Donaldsville LA to join husband/father/son-in-law Antonio Mosca
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0001

Biff
"There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children - one is roots, and the other, wings." -- Hodding S. Carter

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Mosca/Musco

Postby MuscoMisty11 » 12 Jun 2013, 03:29

Thank you so much!!
MuscoMisty11

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy