Just Starting Research on the Vivaldi Family Tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
amvivaldi

Just Starting Research on the Vivaldi Family Tree

Post by amvivaldi »

I am just starting to gather information on my ancestry and could use some help. I want to see how far I can get before getting professional help. My starting point is my grandfather, Alessandro Vivaldi, who came from the town (or was it the broader province) of Cuneo, Italy.

Any specific information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Just Starting Research on the Vivaldi Family Tree

Post by VaDeb »

Hi,

All records in Italy are in the town of origin. To trace in Italy it is therefore necessary to know what town your grandfather was from. Have you found his immigration information? If you tell us when he came to the USA, his age or his year of birth, point of orign (if known) or where he first settled someone can probably help you find his record. The other possiblity is find his census records that will give a date of immigration. We need to know where the family lived in the USA, name of wife and children to identify him on a census.

Debbie
amvivaldi

Re: Just Starting Research on the Vivaldi Family Tree

Post by amvivaldi »

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately, he never came to the US. He actually settled in Alexandria, Egypt. His son (my father) Marcel (Marcello), my mother and I immigrated to the US in 1968. I guess I could start with the assumption that the small amount of information I gathered is correct (in other words, he really came from the town of Cuneo, not from a town in the province of Cuneo).