VOLPIN family, Rovigo province (Veneto region)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

VOLPIN family, Rovigo province (Veneto region)

Postby volpin » 17 Jun 2013, 15:00

Hello!

I am looking for birth documents and relatives of my great-grandfather, Guiseppe VOLPIN.
He was born in Rovigo (either town or province) in 1855.

His parents were Paolo Volpin and Theresa Capato.
He emigrated to Brazil but he never gave up his Italian citizenship.
He actually met my great-grandmother (also from Italy) on the boat to Brazil!

This summer we would like to baptise our children in the church in Rovigo where my great-grandfather's birth was registered.

Does anybody have any ideas on sources where we can find scanned copies of birth certificates from churches in the Rovigo province or Veneto region around 1850?

Thanks !
volpin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: VOLPIN family, Rovigo province (Veneto region)

Postby adelfio » 17 Jun 2013, 16:34

I don't have access but maybe somebody with access to the military records of Rovigo province could find what town in Rovigo Giuseppe Volpin son of Paolo Volpin and Theresa Capato was born in That would help in getting the birth record
EDITED
I did access the military records of Rovigo/Padova the only Giuseppe Volpin from Rovigo Province listed was
VOLPIN Giuseppe born 18/05/1855 in the town of VILLADOSE, ROVIGO son of Luigi and Colomba Maria
Are sure of the area of his birth?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy