UConn student looking for info on ggfather ROSARIO MORELLO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
katrinaB

UConn student looking for info on ggfather ROSARIO MORELLO

Post by katrinaB »

I am a University of Connecticut student seeking more information on my great great grandfather ROSARIO MORELLO for geneaology a class. I am searching for any information on his parents, birthdate, deathdate or any other information.

Rosario Morello was married to Maria Dipaola both from Melilli, Sicily in 1890. I am unsure of how many children they had, but am sure of one, my great grandfather Salvatore Morello born in 1904. From my knowledge, Rosario Morello and his wife would have died in Melilli as well, although their children all eventually moved to Middletown, Connecticut.

Salvatore Morello moved to Middletown, Connecticut with his family most likely around 1964. Their daughter, my grandmother Maria Morello (Bafumi) also moved along with them AND her own family including her husband Salvatore Bafumi (b.2/22/26) and her four children, Peter Bafumi, Victor Bafumi (b. 8/24/59) (my father), Guido Bafumi, and Maurice Bafumi.

Any ideas on locating more information on Rosario Morello? ANY information greatly apprectiated. Thank you.

Katrina Bafumi
Researching: Morello, Dipaola, Ruffino, and Bafumi
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: UConn student looking for info on ggfather ROSARIO MOREL

Post by suanj »

katrinaB wrote:I am a University of Connecticut student seeking more information on my great great grandfather ROSARIO MORELLO for geneaology a class. I am searching for any information on his parents, birthdate, deathdate or any other information.

Rosario Morello was married to Maria Dipaola both from Melilli, Sicily in 1890. I am unsure of how many children they had, but am sure of one, my great grandfather Salvatore Morello born in 1904. From my knowledge, Rosario Morello and his wife would have died in Melilli as well, although their children all eventually moved to Middletown, Connecticut.

Salvatore Morello moved to Middletown, Connecticut with his family most likely around 1964. Their daughter, my grandmother Maria Morello (Bafumi) also moved along with them AND her own family including her husband Salvatore Bafumi (b.2/22/26) and her four children, Peter Bafumi, Victor Bafumi (b. 8/24/59) (my father), Guido Bafumi, and Maurice Bafumi.

Any ideas on locating more information on Rosario Morello? ANY information greatly apprectiated. Thank you.

Katrina Bafumi
Hi:
1-for all search in Melilli(Siracusa province) birthregistries, about Rosario Morello, are necessary to know max approx. birthyear, and if you know this data you can write to Melilli Common for an search..

2-if you know not this birthyear of Rosario, but you know birthdate of Salvatore, you can request an birthact photocopy from original birthregistry to Archivio di Stato di Siracusa; in this photocopy you can know Rosario age in 1904 and back birthyear of Rosario..

3-after step 2, you go step 1; and, from reply Melilli common, you know all info of Rosario; also relatives; after you can request an Certificato Storico di Famiglia ( Family story certificate) about Rosario, and you will know all childrens....
hoping clear, my english is not good...
regards, suanj
katrinaB

Post by katrinaB »

HI, Thank you very much for this information. I was a little bit confused about how to go about acessing these birthact photocopies. I emailed from a website ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI SIRACUSA asking for information and the documents you mentioned. I will let you know how it turns out. Thank you again!

suanj wrote:
katrinaB wrote:I am a University of Connecticut student seeking more information on my great great grandfather ROSARIO MORELLO for geneaology a class. I am searching for any information on his parents, birthdate, deathdate or any other information.

Katrina Bafumi
Hi:
1-for all search in Melilli(Siracusa province) birthregistries, about Rosario Morello, are necessary to know max approx. birthyear, and if you know this data you can write to Melilli Common for an search..

2-if you know not this birthyear of Rosario, but you know birthdate of Salvatore, you can request an birthact photocopy from original birthregistry to Archivio di Stato di Siracusa; in this photocopy you can know Rosario age in 1904 and back biorthyear of Rosario..

3-after step 2, you go step 1; and, from reply Melilli common, you know all info of Rosario; also relatives; after you can request an Certificato Storico di Famiglia ( Family story certificate) about Rosario, and you will know all childrens....
hoping clear, my english is not good...
regards, suanj
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

katrinaB wrote:Rosario Morello was married to Maria Dipaola both from Melilli, Sicily in 1890. I am unsure of how many children they had, but am sure of one, my great grandfather Salvatore Morello born in 1904. From my knowledge, Rosario Morello and his wife would have died in Melilli as well, although their children all eventually moved to Middletown, Connecticut.

Katrina Bafumi
Hi Katrina,

First let me say there is microfilm that you can order and rent at your local Family History Center (LDS) for about $3.50 a roll. The microfilm is in Italian, but you can get the birth, marriage, and death acts of your ancestors.

The link below is the microfilm numbers.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

This is information for Salvatore.
Name: SALVATORE MORELLO
Father's Surname: MORELLO
Death Date: 21 April 1987
Death Place: Middletown, Connecticut
Birth Place: Italy
Birth Date: 14 March xxxYOB04
Marital Status: Married
Spouse: GRACE
State File #: 08386
Industry: A.N.PIERSON
Residence: Middletown, Connecticut
Address: 108 GRAND ST , 06457

If you order the microfilm you can look up the Birth Act of Salvatore and get information on it about his parents.

You just keep working your way backwards.

I hope this helps and good luck with the report!
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
cinderella

Post by cinderella »

I noticed you were also searching for Ruffino. I do have some information on that line. Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks! :D
katrinaB

Post by katrinaB »

Thank you, that would be great.
librarianjulia

Post by librarianjulia »

You may want to take a look at a book called "Arrivederci Melilli .. Hello Middletown : a concise history of the first families from Melilli Sicily to settle in Middletown CT US " by James Vincenzo Annino, published in 1980. On page 173 there is a half-page entry for Rosario Morello.
Good sources for local Italian geneology are the Godfrey Library in Middletown, and the Middletown Room in Russell Library in Middletown.
Good luck.
Julia