Zaino family from Salerno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RossanaZaino

Zaino family from Salerno

Post by RossanaZaino »

Hello all!

I'm looking for some information about my italian ancesters. My name is Rossana Zaino and I am from Montevideo, Uruguay. Since 1870 a lot of italian immigrants came to Uruguay, including my great grand parents, Domingo Zaino (it could be originally Domenico) and Alfonsa Cetrulo (or Sitrulio.. I have different documents and it is written in a different way). I believe they met here though, because they got married here in Montevideo on the 7 of july of 1885.
I don't have too much information about them, I only know that Domingo was from Salerno and he was born in 1854 or 1855. His father was Nicola Zaino and his mother was Anna Caputo, they didn't immigrate to Uruguay. Alfonsa was born in 1869 and she came with her parents.
I tried to find records of italian immigrants in uruguay but they don't have nothing before 1900 because there was a big fire and everything burnt down!! Very unlucky! They must have come to Uruguay between 1870 and 1885.
I also asked for a birth certificate of Domingo Zaino in the "Comuna di Salerno" but they said that they don't have nothing.
What can I do about this? Should I try to find something in some curch? I really don't know how to continue this search!

Thank you all :)

Rossana Zaino.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Zaino family from Salerno

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website is it possible Domenico Zaino immigrated into BUENOS AIRES before settling in Montevideo, Uruguay
PG LINK FOR LOOKING FOR MANIFEST
http://www.cemla.com/busqueda.php#
ZAINO, DOMENICO
AGE 48
JORNALERO
CATOLICA
ITALIANA
BISAGNO
GENOVA 02/02/1885 -
BUENOS AIRES
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
RossanaZaino

Re: Zaino family from Salerno

Post by RossanaZaino »

Hi!

Thank you so much for your help!
I don't think it is him because he got married in Montevideo in 1885 at the age of 30.

Rossana.