Giovanni (John) finazzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
20 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Giovanni (John) finazzo

Postby rmtessier » 05 Jun 2014, 17:27

You are a certifiable genius, Theresa! I am so incredibly happy about this! I can't wait to share with my other family! God bless you and thank you more than you can know! To me, it feels as though I've 'found' my missing piece!
rmtessier

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Jun 2014, 17:46

rmtessier wrote:You are a certifiable genius, Theresa! I am so incredibly happy about this! I can't wait to share with my other family! God bless you and thank you more than you can know! To me, it feels as though I've 'found' my missing piece!

Glad to have been of help to you! :-D

Let us know if we can assist you again.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby rmtessier » 06 Jun 2014, 21:59

Please excuse our ignorance, Theresa. The ship's name was Germania. Did he actually leave from Germany? One of my cousins asked why he was listed as a citizen of Germany. As you can see, we're rather confused about this. We've never heard anything about Germany, in connection with Great-Grandpa.
rmtessier

Postby Tessa78 » 06 Jun 2014, 22:33

rmtessier wrote:Please excuse our ignorance, Theresa. The ship's name was Germania. Did he actually leave from Germany? One of my cousins asked why he was listed as a citizen of Germany. As you can see, we're rather confused about this. We've never heard anything about Germany, in connection with Great-Grandpa.

There is no connection to Germany here :-)

The ship's name is S. S. Germania, and it was operated by the White Star Line (Bristish) and then the American Line... during the time of your GGFs travel in 1904.
Here is a link to information about the ship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Germanic_%281875%29

On the ship manifest your GGF Giovanino Finazzi was identified as an Italian citizen whose last place of residence was Terrasini, Palermo, Italy. :-)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby rmtessier » 09 Jun 2014, 03:30

Thanks so much, I'll forward the information.
rmtessier

Previous

20 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy