Need help to find records (Santissima Annunziata Napoli))

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Need help to find records (Santissima Annunziata Napoli))

Postby grosjean545 » 01 Jul 2013, 15:22

Hi everybody,

I'm from France and my great grand father was an orphan, left in "ruota" (wheel), into Santissima Annunziata (Naples / Napoli). His name was Clement (Clemente?) Venzoni, born in november 1873. He'got a number SA (for Santissima Annunziata?) 1931. Is it possible to find someone in Naples who could look up his file into Records from this church?

Thank you in advance if you can help me.

PS : Sorry, i don't speak very well english.
grosjean545

Re: Need help to find records (Santissima Annunziata Napoli)

Postby Paolo47 » 07 Jul 2013, 11:51

Hello, :D

After reading your post, I am reminded of another forum I have been on that might be
of some help to you. If you haven't seen it, go to http://ancestrologistes.org/

Chris and his researchers may be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck,
Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Jul 2013, 16:17

grosjean545 wrote:Hi everybody,

I'm from France and my great grand father was an orphan, left in "ruota" (wheel), into Santissima Annunziata (Naples / Napoli). His name was Clement (Clemente?) Venzoni, born in november 1873. He'got a number SA (for Santissima Annunziata?) 1931. Is it possible to find someone in Naples who could look up his file into Records from this church?

Thank you in advance if you can help me.

PS : Sorry, i don't speak very well english.

Welcome :-)

Santissima Annunziata is a hospital in Naples (Ospedale della Santissima Annunziata). It is in the Quartiere Pendino (district). Hospitals had "wheels of the abandoned", as did the churches.

However, a child left "at the wheel" was required to be registered with the civil authorities (often presented to the official by the person in charge of the wheel) - so there should be a civil birth record in Naples. Oftentimes, this record is found in Parte II or supplemental records at the end of the Atti di Nascita for the year.

Here is the listing in the Italian White Pages for Ospedale della Santissima Annunziata... :-)
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... i+%28NA%29

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby grosjean545 » 08 Jul 2013, 09:57

Hi,
Thank you for your answer, both of you! :)
grosjean545

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy