Update & Thanks

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dmt1955
Master
Master

Update & Thanks

Postby dmt1955 » 03 Jul 2013, 15:12

I first want to say that I am in awe of the graciousness of the members of this forum...especially the 'resident' experts, who generously give their time, skills, and patience in researching, providing information, and translating documents. I have learned a great deal and certainly continue to.

I started my journey of research for my grandmother’s family whose roots are in Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino. I began with only the name of the town, her birth date and some spelling version of her father’s last name AND the name of a maternal aunt she came to live with in Boston.

The microfilms for the civil records for the town range from 1809 – 1910. Of all the records, I have 40 years of death records left to review. From going through each record, I was able to build a relationship tree. I have discovered some very interesting individuals as well as family relationships. I have approximately 1,000 individuals going back to my 6th great grandfather on my maternal grandmother’s paternal side (Purcaro & Grasso) and 5th great grandparents for her mother’s paternal & maternal families (Rizzo & Scaglione). As I approach these last reels of film, I am acutely aware of the need to begin the review of those films again … as I now know those I was unaware of the first time around! Then there’s my father’s side in Altavilla...

All this to say I could not have gotten this far or this accurate without the assistance of folks on this forum. I am deeply grateful.

My intention all along has been to create a webpage to publish this information. I am not sure of the most productive way of doing this. I am looking at other webpages and am gathering ideas from their formats. I am interested in any thoughts / suggestions on this.

Once again, I thank you for all your efforts and contributions to my research,
Donna
www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara, Altavilla, Zungoli

cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Update & Thanks

Postby cdar1231 » 03 Jul 2013, 15:38

I don't have any information to add, but i did want to echo the thanks and appreciation that Donna expressed. I have had similar experience and also am very grateful and am equally in awe!!!

-chris

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 04 Jul 2013, 01:19

Great job have you ever been on liviomoreno (LIVIO) website I would check it out he did a good job maybe ask him what he used

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

dmt1955
Master
Master

Postby dmt1955 » 04 Jul 2013, 13:29

marty,
when i first joined the forum i nosed around many of the websites listed by members, Livio's being one of them. It was what gave me the idea of creating a webpage. I agree, he did a great job.

thanks,
donna
www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara, Altavilla, Zungoli

Return to “Italian Genealogy”