Update & Thanks

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Update & Thanks

Postby dmt1955 » 03 Jul 2013, 15:12

I first want to say that I am in awe of the graciousness of the members of this forum...especially the 'resident' experts, who generously give their time, skills, and patience in researching, providing information, and translating documents. I have learned a great deal and certainly continue to.

I started my journey of research for my grandmother’s family whose roots are in Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino. I began with only the name of the town, her birth date and some spelling version of her father’s last name AND the name of a maternal aunt she came to live with in Boston.

The microfilms for the civil records for the town range from 1809 – 1910. Of all the records, I have 40 years of death records left to review. From going through each record, I was able to build a relationship tree. I have discovered some very interesting individuals as well as family relationships. I have approximately 1,000 individuals going back to my 6th great grandfather on my maternal grandmother’s paternal side (Purcaro & Grasso) and 5th great grandparents for her mother’s paternal & maternal families (Rizzo & Scaglione). As I approach these last reels of film, I am acutely aware of the need to begin the review of those films again … as I now know those I was unaware of the first time around! Then there’s my father’s side in Altavilla...

All this to say I could not have gotten this far or this accurate without the assistance of folks on this forum. I am deeply grateful.

My intention all along has been to create a webpage to publish this information. I am not sure of the most productive way of doing this. I am looking at other webpages and am gathering ideas from their formats. I am interested in any thoughts / suggestions on this.

Once again, I thank you for all your efforts and contributions to my research,
Donna
www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara, Altavilla, Zungoli
dmt1955
Master
Master

Re: Update & Thanks

Postby cdar1231 » 03 Jul 2013, 15:38

I don't have any information to add, but i did want to echo the thanks and appreciation that Donna expressed. I have had similar experience and also am very grateful and am equally in awe!!!

-chris
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adelfio » 04 Jul 2013, 01:19

Great job have you ever been on liviomoreno (LIVIO) website I would check it out he did a good job maybe ask him what he used

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby dmt1955 » 04 Jul 2013, 13:29

marty,
when i first joined the forum i nosed around many of the websites listed by members, Livio's being one of them. It was what gave me the idea of creating a webpage. I agree, he did a great job.

thanks,
donna
www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara, Altavilla, Zungoli
dmt1955
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy