Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SerravilloMarino

Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily

Postby SerravilloMarino » 03 Mar 2005, 15:51

Are there any Serravillo relatives out there? My grandfather, Angelo, and grandmother, Angelina (Messina), were both born in Castrofilippo. I've researched some and found that the town still has people with the Serravillo name. We're planning a trip next year and I've become very interested in finding lost relatives...

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily

Postby brujaojos » 04 Mar 2005, 19:40

SerravilloMarino wrote:Are there any Serravillo relatives out there? My grandfather, Angelo, and grandmother, Angelina (Messina), were both born in Castrofilippo. I've researched some and found that the town still has people with the Serravillo name. We're planning a trip next year and I've become very interested in finding lost relatives...

Hi There,

Just to let you know, there is microfilm that you can order and rent from your nearest Family History Center and you can try to trace your ancestors back before you go to Italy.

The link below if the microlfim numbers. It cost about $3.50 to rent the film.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Also, here is a Directory for Italy that you might be able to find who is still left in your town with your surname.

http://www.infobel.com/italy/default.asp

Hope this all helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

zuzurrina

Re: Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily

Postby zuzurrina » 07 Sep 2016, 13:03

Hi,

I am Azzurra from Taranto, Italy. I have a friend who is from Connecticut, America and he is 1/4 Italian. Since I am Italian, I am curious to find his "Sicilian family". His Italian relatives are almost the same as yours: Angelo Serravillo (born in 1906) and Mary Mule. They were from Castrofilippo. I would really appreciate if you could tell me more information or help me with some resources and links. Moreover, I would be very pleased if you could provide me with a link where I could find pictures about these people.

Thank you
Azzurra

Return to “Italian Genealogy”