Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby gnirht » 12 Jul 2013, 07:52

Hello, my name is Alistair Thring. I live in Durban, South Africa. I need your help in finding information on a Mr. Camilli. My great aunt Jessie Thring had two children (boys) from Mr. Camilli. Their names were Henry and Alex, both dead now. I am told that Mr. Camilli and Jessie Thring met in Swaziland and fell in love, then had the children before WW1. Just before the war Mr. Camilli was deported. Jessie's brother's held back the children which made Jessie stay behind while Mr. Camilli left the country to return to Italy. I am not familiar with Itallian genealogy, but hope you or anyone you know might help get this information on Mr. Camilli. I know he died many years ago but there must be someone who is related to him who is living today. Again, all individuals above have long died. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Alistair Thring
gnirht
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 07:45

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby adelfio » 13 Jul 2013, 17:26

Hi and welcome to IG website
Is this your Jessie


Jessie M Thring, "England and Wales Census, 1891"
Name: Jessie M Thring
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1891
Gender: Female
Age: 28
Relationship to Head of Household: Wife
Birthplace: Eastham, Cheshire
Schedule Type: Household
Registration District: Luton
Sub-District: Dunstable
Ecclesiastical Parish: Dunstable
Parish: Dunstable
County: Bedfordshire

Jessie M Thring, "England and Wales Census, 1901"
Name: Jessie M Thring
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 31 Mar 1901
Gender: Female
Age: 38
Relationship to Head of Household: Wife
Birthplace: Bromborough, Cheshire
Schedule Type: Household
Registration District: Luton
Sub-District: Dunstable
Ecclesiastical Parish: Dunstable St Peters
Civil Parish: Dunstable
District/Parish/County: Bedfordshire

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4219
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby gnirht » 14 Jul 2013, 07:45

Swaziland is in Southeastern Africa. Thanks for your input though. gnirht
gnirht
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 07:45

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby suanj » 14 Jul 2013, 11:42

gnirht wrote:Hello, my name is Alistair Thring. I live in Durban, South Africa. I need your help in finding information on a Mr. Camilli. My great aunt Jessie Thring had two children (boys) from Mr. Camilli. Their names were Henry and Alex, both dead now. I am told that Mr. Camilli and Jessie Thring met in Swaziland and fell in love, then had the children before WW1. Just before the war Mr. Camilli was deported. Jessie's brother's held back the children which made Jessie stay behind while Mr. Camilli left the country to return to Italy. I am not familiar with Itallian genealogy, but hope you or anyone you know might help get this information on Mr. Camilli. I know he died many years ago but there must be someone who is related to him who is living today. Again, all individuals above have long died. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Alistair Thring

Hi,
for a search, to have just the surname no help much; I know not if helpful but I found a trip:
UK, Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960 about Mr G Camilli
Name: Mr G Camilli
Port of Departure: Durban, South Africa
Arrival Date: 23 Nov 1911
Port of Arrival: Southampton, England
Ports of Voyage: Port Elizabeth
[Cape Town]
[London]
Ship Name: Dunvegan Castle
Search Ship Database: View the 'Dunvegan Castle' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Shipping Line: Union-Castle Mail Steamship Company Ltd
Official Number: 105854

this man was a contractor.. I believe no many italian Cammilli was in South Africa.. you know the firt name?
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby gnirht » 15 Jul 2013, 07:04

Hi Suanj,
I appreciate your input. I will look into the ifo you provided.
Thanks
gnirht
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 07:45

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby gnirht » 15 Jul 2013, 22:16

suanj wrote:
gnirht wrote:Hello, my name is Alistair Thring. I live in Durban, South Africa. I need your help in finding information on a Mr. Camilli. My great aunt Jessie Thring had two children (boys) from Mr. Camilli. Their names were Henry and Alex, both dead now. I am told that Mr. Camilli and Jessie Thring met in Swaziland and fell in love, then had the children before WW1. Just before the war Mr. Camilli was deported. Jessie's brother's held back the children which made Jessie stay behind while Mr. Camilli left the country to return to Italy. I am not familiar with Itallian genealogy, but hope you or anyone you know might help get this information on Mr. Camilli. I know he died many years ago but there must be someone who is related to him who is living today. Again, all individuals above have long died. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Alistair Thring

Hi,
for a search, to have just the surname no help much; I know not if helpful but I found a trip:
UK, Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960 about Mr G Camilli
Name: Mr G Camilli
Port of Departure: Durban, South Africa
Arrival Date: 23 Nov 1911
Port of Arrival: Southampton, England
Ports of Voyage: Port Elizabeth
[Cape Town]
[London]
Ship Name: Dunvegan Castle
Search Ship Database: View the 'Dunvegan Castle' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Shipping Line: Union-Castle Mail Steamship Company Ltd
Official Number: 105854

this man was a contractor.. I believe no many italian Cammilli was in South Africa.. you know the firt name?
suanj


Hi Suanj,
No, unfortunately I do not know Mr. Camilli first name. Below is a copy of what is in the national archives of South Africa on Mr. Camilli:

The following two references are about the same person and are about the
only person with such a surname on the data base (1750 - 1980). These two
date from 1907 to 1910 and might suit the dates before WWI that your aunt
can remember. The fact that there is no other reference to such a surname
and later than 1915 indicates that this might be the person who left for
Italy before the war started. The references refer to the actions taken by
local magistrates after having received instructions from the British
Government about procedures to be taken about the population in the district
under the jurisdiction of each local magistrate. All in preparation of the
oncoming WWI Britain. The fact that the references have the initial of the
subject in one reference as G and in the next one as C is of no importance.
This only indicates the inability of the data typist to discern between a
handwritten G and C on the documents by two different formulators of the
precise of the information on file.

NAB CSO VOLUME_NO 1839 REFERENCE 1907/5542 G CAMILLI, IXOPO. WITH REFERENCE
TO HIS TREATMENT BY THE MAGISTRATE'S COURT IXOPO. 1907 REMARKS
IX1907/499: AG1907/1845.

NAB CSO VOLUME_NO 1889 REFERENCE 1910/2953 C CAMILLI MID ILLOVO CENTRAL
MAKES CERTAIN COMPLAINTS AGAINST THE MAGISTRATE AT RICHMOND. 1910

Soon after 1910 he was deported; he is the only Camilli in the database.
gnirht
gnirht
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 07:45

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby suanj » 16 Jul 2013, 06:35

Hi,
maybe it is the same Mr G Camilli that travelled from South Africa in UK in 1911.. if your Camilli was the only Camilli in South Africa, I believe that is the same man..
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby gnirht » 17 Jul 2013, 19:46

suanj wrote:Hi,
maybe it is the same Mr G Camilli that travelled from South Africa in UK in 1911.. if your Camilli was the only Camilli in South Africa, I believe that is the same man..
suanj


Hi Suanj
I think this is the Mr. Camilli we are seeking information on in Italy. Does Italy have a searchable national archive like the national archive of South Africa? http://www.national.archsrch.gov.za/sm3 ... ws/sm300dl

Once again, thank you for the help you have provided.
gnirht
gnirht
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 07:45

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby suanj » 17 Jul 2013, 21:18

It Italy are searchable provincial archive; a government archive abt the italians with anti-government ideas especially abt fascism era...
I read that the italian contractors in South Africa coming from for large part of Biella province (Piedmont region) and some other region..... however all coming from North Italy ... the problem is that Camilli is a surname of middle Italy regions especially.. I searched in Milan Archive and I found some Camilli but without know the first name and the buirth year, and the parent's names it is impossible to find somenthing..

in the court papers

NAB CSO VOLUME_NO 1839 REFERENCE 1907/5542 G CAMILLI, IXOPO. WITH REFERENCE
TO HIS TREATMENT BY THE MAGISTRATE'S COURT IXOPO. 1907 REMARKS
IX1907/499: AG1907/1845.

NAB CSO VOLUME_NO 1889 REFERENCE 1910/2953 C CAMILLI MID ILLOVO CENTRAL
MAKES CERTAIN COMPLAINTS AGAINST THE MAGISTRATE AT RICHMOND. 1910

abt your Camilli.. it must be the his data...
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby gnirht » 30 Jul 2013, 00:34

I will now focus on where Mr. G. Camilli lived while in South Africa. If my great aunt was in love with this Mr. G. Camilli then there are records in the Catholic church. Being Italian he must have been a catholic. The records will show the two boys baptism, holy comminion; and if they were married then there will be a copy of the marriage certificate.
gnirht
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 07:45

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby suanj » 30 Jul 2013, 10:18

It is a good idea!
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Re: Mr. Camilli (lived in Swaziland in early 1900s)

Postby gnirht » 09 Sep 2013, 07:24

adelfio wrote:Hi and welcome to IG website
Is this your Jessie


Jessie M Thring, "England and Wales Census, 1891"
Name: Jessie M Thring
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1891
Gender: Female
Age: 28
Relationship to Head of Household: Wife
Birthplace: Eastham, Cheshire
Schedule Type: Household
Registration District: Luton
Sub-District: Dunstable
Ecclesiastical Parish: Dunstable
Parish: Dunstable
County: Bedfordshire

Jessie M Thring, "England and Wales Census, 1901"
Name: Jessie M Thring
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 31 Mar 1901
Gender: Female
Age: 38
Relationship to Head of Household: Wife
Birthplace: Bromborough, Cheshire
Schedule Type: Household
Registration District: Luton
Sub-District: Dunstable
Ecclesiastical Parish: Dunstable St Peters
Civil Parish: Dunstable
District/Parish/County: Bedfordshire

Marty


Hello Marty
You might be able to help if you have access to the National Archives. I found the death Certificate for Mr. Edward Harris Oliver. He must have come to South Africa to fight in the Anglo-Boer (1899-1902). He was born in Newtown, Northern Wales on 14-6-1876. His father was John and mother Ada. In the certificate it states that his last marriage was in Newtown, N. Wales. A daughter was born from this marriage--Joyce who lives in Zimbabwe. He died of old age at 79 in Addington Hospital, Durban South Africa.

I would like to know what was name of his wife?

Thank you
gnirht
gnirht
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 07:45


12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], enzo63, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jennabet and 9 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.