Looking for information on great grandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking for information on great grandparents

Postby Bifulco » 14 Jul 2013, 05:41

hello! I just discovered this site this evening and am wondering whether anyone can help me locate information on my great grandparents who were from Scafati, Italy before they emigrated to the US. My great grandmother's name was Angelina Bifulco and she was born in Scafati in 1888. My great grandfather was Francesco Teodosio, who was born in Scafati in 1881. We know that Francesco wanted to come to the US to find work and own his own land. He would travel back and forth to his wife Angelina (Bifulco) who would end up having about 6 or 7 children, including my grandmother Louise (Louisa) who were born in Italy but came to the US finally by about 1920. Angelina Bifulco's family we believe were land owners in Scafati. Money was not tight for her growing up and her parents gave nice gifts to my mother as a young child. Nothing more is known about either Francesco Teodosio or Angelina Bifulco and I cannot find any Italian records on Ancestry.com. I am traveling to Italy next Spring and have hopes of seeing where my great grandparents lived or got married, and to see whether descendants (cousins) still live in the area today. If anyone can help guide me on the best way to do this I would appreciate it very much!

Alexa
Bifulco

Re: Looking for information on great grandparents

Postby adelfio » 14 Jul 2013, 14:55

Italian phone book for Bifulco in Scafati
PG LINK
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... dv=Scafati

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby Bifulco » 15 Jul 2013, 06:05

Thanks Marty! I will write to each of them (for both families) and see if there's a connection. Do you know whether anyone's had any luck trying to find records (marriage, birth, baptism) at churches? Are they friendly enough to assist Americans?
Bifulco

Postby rteodosio » 31 Dec 2013, 03:34

Hi Alexa,
This is your cousin Rob Teodosio from Connecticut. Saw your post on this site looking for info on our family. I have been trying to find the same info without much luck. Saw that someone answered you with the white pages from Scafati. That might help. There is one thing I want to tell you about Grandma Angelina. I was always told from family here that she was from Pompeii, which is a neighboring town to Scafati. If you go there you might want to check Pompeii also, although they are probably all related. I checked the white pages in Pompeii for Bifulco and it listed about 6 names there. Have a good time in Italy and if you find out anything please let me know. Say hello to your Mom for me. I want to go and see her and your Uncle John some day soon (and meet you and the rest of the cousins).
rteodosio

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy