Putting the puzzle together

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Putting the puzzle together

Post by marymary52 »

I need some help with last names. My great grandmother Maria Maisano remarried after the death of her husband Giacomo Maisano. On her Marriage certificate It states that her madden was Maria D'astro and her father name was Giovanni and her Mother's name was Carmela D'Andrea,But on her death Certificate it states that her Father was Santo La Rosa and her mother was Carmela D"Andrea. I think the Marriage certificate would be right because Maria Maisano would have filled out the paper work to get married. and when Maria Maisano Providente died her son Nunzio Maisano filled out the paper work for her death.. Can anyone help with clearing up the parents names.?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

marymary52 wrote:I need some help with last names. My great grandmother Maria Maisano remarried after the death of her husband Giacomo Maisano. On her Marriage certificate It states that her madden was Maria D'astro and her father name was Giovanni and her Mother's name was Carmela D'Andrea,But on her death Certificate it states that her Father was Santo La Rosa and her mother was Carmela D"Andrea. I think the Marriage certificate would be right because Maria Maisano would have filled out the paper work to get married. and when Maria Maisano Providente died her son Nunzio Maisano filled out the paper work for her death.. Can anyone help with clearing up the parents names.?
Maybe just a mix up of names :-)

Here is a POSSIBLE birth record for Maria d'Astro, from Santa Margherita, Messina...

Record #1
Dated 10 February 1865 at the town office
Appearing before the official was Santi d'Astro, age 30, laborer residing in S. Margherita; to declare that a female child was born to Carmela d'Andrea, age 23, and to himself; on 9 February at 8 AM at home.
The child was presented and given the name MARIA

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

T.
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

Maria married Giacomo Maisano in ? I would think Messina S. Margherita Do you see any record of Maria D'Astro marriage to Giacomo Maisano?
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

That's what I meant. thanks
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

One more on the La Rosa Name. I have pictures with the name Maria La Rosa on the back, My mother before she died said it was grandma La Rosa??? 1937 I can't tell how old she is maybe in her 70's I can't find the La Rosa Connection to the family :(
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

Thanks! Everyone here is great!