Matteo Perta or Lucia Montanaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Matteo Perta or Lucia Montanaro

Postby chrdabella » 29 Jul 2013, 17:46

I'm trying to find more information regarding my Great Grandparents. I know they lived in San Marco in Lamis. My grandfather Vincenzo Perta was born there. My father has his birth certificate. I'm trying to determine my Great Great Grandparents names. I'm getting some conflicting data off Ancestry.com regarding passenger list, census data etc...so I'm a bit confused as to what their names are. I think maybe my Great Great Grandfather was also Vincenzo Perta, but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christi Perta DaBella
chrdabella

Re: Matteo Perta or Lucia Montanaro

Postby adelfio » 30 Jul 2013, 03:57

Welcome to IG website the records of San Marco in Lamis are limited online so you have to get the films from Family History Library
Registri dello stato civile di San Marco in Lamis (Foggia), 1809-1899
Births, marriages, deaths, banns, miscellaneous documents, marriage documents, citizenship records; supplements to births, marriages, and deaths. Include indici annuali.You will be able to get the information you seek
PG LINK FOR FILMS FROM FHL
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby chrdabella » 30 Jul 2013, 19:21

That was a huge help!! Thank you. I'm just starting to dig a bit further and had no idea this type of thing was available. I just figured I was going to have to go all the way to Italy and face the language barrier to try and find out any information. I just ordered two Microfilm's from FamilySearch to be sent to a local Family History Center.

Thank You Again!

Christi
chrdabella

Postby Vera_M » 17 Oct 2013, 22:47

Hi Christi,

I too have been trying to research Vincenzo Perta from San Marco in lamis as well.
My gg-grandfather and g-grandfather were Antonio and Leonardo Contessa and they arrived at Ellis Island in Mar. 1907....Leonardo was age 15 at that time. In the column on the manifest where it asks about friends or relatives in the US; Vincenzo Perta was listed as his uncle in Chicago. In the 1910 census all three of them were together and living in Williams, St. Joseph County, OH as borders. Both Antonio "Tony" and Vincenzo were age 40. I was recently contacted by a cousin in S. Marco in Lamis on facebook (descended from on of my g-grandfather's sisters who is now gathering information from a great-aunt and I will contact her and ask about the Perta family. I forgot to bring it up during our instant message exchange.....I was going back and forth between google translator and facebook to understand and reply :wink:

Please keep in touch and maybe between the three of us we can figure all this out! I agree there are some conflicting records!
Vera_M

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy