Antonio Failla and Family from Castelbuono

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Antonio Failla and Family from Castelbuono

Post by siskojnash »

Could you please translate this birth record? It's for Giachino Failla, another brother of Antonio Failla. This answers my question about whether or not the Gioacchino Failla I know of was the physicist I read about online. Obviously, it's not, since that one wasn't born until about 1891. Just out of curiosity, I read before that the Faia (Failla) family came from France with a Baron Ventimiglia. Do you think the Faillas in Castelbuono were from a single family at some point?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#369
1884 Oct 11th in the town of Castelbuono birth of Gioachino Failla son of Luigi Failla farmer and Anna Raimondo delivered by Maria Giuseppa Cochera age 38 midwife residing in Castelbuono

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you so much. At least if anyone else checks this topic looking for links to this family, they have a lot of information to begin with. Just in case anyone else does check this topic one day, I have a family tree on the Ancestry website called a Castrovinci family tree.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I just found a Gioachino Failla born in 1886. This one is said to have married Anna Maria Cusimano. I tried to attach the file to translate, but it said the board attachment quota has been reached. I was going to create a new topic to do that, but it has the same message. It makes me wonder if there must be a death record for the other Gioachino Failla born in 1884.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Are you sure that's not Giovanni Failla?
Can you post the page numbers from familysearch.org or the page link
Also I think Gioachino was married after 1910
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I have the file right here, but it won't let me attach it. It says the board attachment quota has been reached. I got the same message when I tried to put an attachment on a new topic. Why would that be? I've only attached a few things. I would like the records to remain available on this topic, since someone else might be looking for the same people. At least I could help out others by putting the records that I find on here. And get translations because I can't read most of it anyway. Could you post one of the early birth documents in the Nati section and please show where the parents and the person's name is? I was going to look at some of those yesterday, but wasn't completely sure who I was looking up, since the format seemed a little different than the later records.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

siskojnash wrote:I have the file right here, but it won't let me attach it. It says the board attachment quota has been reached. I got the same message when I tried to put an attachment on a new topic. Why would that be? I've only attached a few things. I would like the records to remain available on this topic, since someone else might be looking for the same people. At least I could help out others by putting the records that I find on here. And get translations because I can't read most of it anyway. Could you post one of the early birth documents in the Nati section and please show where the parents and the person's name is? I was going to look at some of those yesterday, but wasn't completely sure who I was looking up, since the format seemed a little different than the later records.
Check your private message
Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Is there anyway to find out about the family of this man, Santo Failla? This record was right after three records about the children of Antonio Failla and Antonia Mazzola and they were listed as having attended it. Does that mean there's a connection somewhere?
Also, Antonio and Antonia had a fourth child named Michele. I don't know anything about him, except that he was apparently born after 1910. The family lived in Castelbuono from this point on, as far as I know. Is there anyway at all to find out about him? I saw that the records on the family search site end in 1910.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

This is the birth act of Michelangelo Failla, born 1879, who should be Santo's father:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n476749651
His mother was a Raimondo, so there are two possibilities for them to be related.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! I wonder if Michelangelo's parents' records are there also. Maybe their marriage records. Do you think there's anyway to find out about someone born after 1910 in Castelbuono? I would really like to find out about Michele Failla, a son of Antonio Failla and Antonia Mazzola, if it's even possible.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Age of Michelangelo's parents is not specified in his birth act, but they must have been born before 1860, as he was born in 1878.
You could go though year indexes of marriages in this "film"

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... &leaf=true

to look for their marriage act.
Anyway, you shouldn't find their birth acts, as acts are online only from 1862 on.
Older acts are available on microfilm:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
that can be requested online, and examined at your nearest Family History Center.
For acts after 1910, I think you'll have to write to the Commune of Castelbuono.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.